Thread: My Reel

Default My Reel

was thinking of using this for my portfolio to skip some beginning classes at film school

thoughts?

It is certainly worth including, although why you would want to skip basic classes is a mystery to me.
    Pick up just one little tip from them and they will be worthwhile. There is also the attitude of the tutors to think about. Skip early stuff and approach the couse with a 'know it all' approach and it will get their backs up, something you will regret later in the course!
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Nice "Reel". I didn't like the mixing of colour styles used some bit's very pale some over saturated. Other than that nice job all round.

Very nice. Were there some glitches on the audio voiceover around 1:02?

The shot of the guy jumping over the sandbank, was it the same shot used twice? It looked there was another camerman the first time around.

I can hardly pick holes though, I thought it was brilliant!

5. Default

Nicely done, i actually enjoyed watching alot of your stuff on YouTube. To make your reel a little more inclusive i would show some of your other material, you got lots to choose from, you stay busy.
    Franco

no there was no glitch, it was a footstep foley i used and forgot to take out the first one cause its only 1 and it sounds like a little glitch

and no it wasn't the same shot used twice, two different people, just liked both those shots a lot

thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by francovogt View Post
    Nicely done, i actually enjoyed watching alot of your stuff on YouTube. To make your reel a little more inclusive i would show some of your other material, you got lots to choose from, you stay busy.
    Franco
    thanks man appreciate it, yeah i usually just pick clips from ones i really really like, but i think i'm going to make another one before i submit the portfolio with a little bit more variety

Unusual..Good watch!!