Thread: Need advice on what software I must purchase

Default Need advice on what software I must purchase

Hey everyone, I read the sticker "Read befor posting question about Software" but did not find the answers I am looking for.

Here is a picture displaying the result I would like to achieve:

So, the plan is to record a video of the left and right hands playing, creating a video with the score scrolling, and combine these three videos into one...
    There are so much software solutions that I don't know where to start looking...does anyone know which one would fit me the best please ?

Thanks in advance

C_moua

Does the 'score' part already exist in a video format, which already scrolls at the required speed?

If so, then there may be a range of suitable software options.

What is meaning of the icons at the bottom of your image?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Does the 'score' part already exist in a video format, which already scrolls at the required speed?

If so, then there may be a range of suitable software options.

What is meaning of the icons at the bottom of your image?
    Hey Tim,

I figured out the multi videos part, as I plan to purchase Final cut express. All I will have to do is create the three mentioned videos and join em with this software.
    As for the score part, what I have in mind is editing a very long jpg file and somehow create a video which would scroll from the left to its right end...I just have no clue how I could do that. It would be neat to program the movement of the camera according to the tempo of each note.

Thanks for your help, don't hesitate if you have any idea

I do not know Final Cut express; but confirm that Adobe Premiere would allow a long JPG to be scrolled as described. And, by setting keyframes at the start and end; the image will scroll smoothly. If the tempo does not change; then the image will always show the current position.

I agree, it is necessary to scroll it exactly in time. Anything else would be confusing. The other obvious alternative is to display non-scrolling images containing the current bars; then these pages would turn over to reveal the next bars. Might look pretty, but probably of no use to the viewer.

The only addition I would make to the plan would be to help identify where is "now". It might be helpful to put "now" in the centre; but it would probably help if the the "now" part of the score was highlit. Perhaps this could be done with a 4th part; a semi transparent rectangle overlayed against the relevant part of the score.
    If the scrolling occurs in time; then the highlit rectangle would never neede to move position.

So, i looked around, and I think I will use final cut express for puting the videos together and I will use after effects to scroll the jpg. I tried to do so with the trial version and it works great !

Yes you are right, I think identifying the now moment is absolutely necessary. I had the same idea as you did for it: I will make the camera move according to the tempo, and the point being played will always be the same on the video, let's say position X (this means the camera will move faster, slower according to the note) and just add a jpg on the final video with a semi transparent line which will mark said position X.

Thanks for your help man, it's much appreciated !

Video editing is really interesting; I looked a few tutorials and the possibilities are endless o_o