Thread: Great Effect - is there a Plug-in?

Default Great Effect - is there a Plug-in?

Hey,

Was just watching this new Honda Ad:

Looks pretty sharp and works really well I think, but I reckon that could all be achieved very easily if you had the right custom built dissolves. Does anyone know of a pre-existing plug-in package which would have these dissolves?

Cheers,

cdf

Which ones have you already tried?

To be honest I'm pretty new to this side of things; I come from a documentary background so have no real experience of this kind of 'flashy' editing. I'm also used to working on Avid whereas my current job is FCP, so I've just had a look through some of the basic dissolves that come with FCP.

I've heard people before say things like 'oh you need a gunshot effect, so-and-so does a plug-in for that' so I'm just wondering really if anyone here was aware of a plug-in to do something similar to the above Honda ad (without the need to go into After Effects and start building your own custom effect)

Thanks for the explanation. Sadly, I don't know any plugins; so they may exist.

I have seen lots of cool transitions in budget video editing software, but they often lack any fine controls 'exactly' how the effect should perform.

How complex and accurate do you want the transitions to be?
    The problem an author of a 'transitions plugin' would be to know when to stop. Eventually, they would have something like After Effects.