Thread: NEW Video - The Replay Forgotten Device - The EASY Way To Stop Forgetting Things

1. Exclamation NEW Video - The Replay Forgotten Device - The EASY Way To Stop Forgetting Things

Ever wondered if there is way for you to STOP forgetting things?
    Well, If your thinking about attaching a weird stick to your back, with a micro-cam that can think by itself, Your thinking about The Replay Forgotten Device.
    Enjoy.

Last edited by Loonieran; 03-29-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: change

I thought the basic idea and premise for the video was great! However just to pick up on a few technical points. It started with a very odd jump cut when handing over the keys and the shaky zoom in/out when the alarm went off didn't work for me. It's just as easy to portray panic using static or less busy shots.

Although the following montage certainly brought a smile (but was I supposed to be able to understand all of what was said?)

Is the camera attached to the guy supposed to disappear after he moves away from the door, its there one shot and gone the next in what appears to be one continuous motion.

The black and white theme kinda just started to give me a headache, both the blocks along the border and the text (maybe a warning for epileptics might be a good idea?).

Please don't think I'm all about the negative, like I said I think the idea is great (can be used as a semi-great normal camcorder gave me lol) and the old guy walking down the street with a look of puzzlement at the guy with a camera attached to him was brilliant. Also the 'alternative ways to remember things' was a great little montage.

Maybe could have done with a bit of cutting down, a little long for me. Great video but maybe focus on rounding off the edges to some of the shots and styles to make it a bit more watchable to random Joe Bloggs.

Keep it up.

3. Default Thanks Clay...

I'll try to do some improvement on the video and maybe will upload a new version of it...
    But thanks a lot for the constructional criticism... Really appreciate it...

Blog Entries

Have to agree with everything Matt (clay_9) says.

I thought the concept and much of the script was very much the sort of thing he might produce (for whenever you don't remember if you put poison in your friend's mug)
    I don't think English is your native language, but you didn't help matters by "treating" the sound. The on-screen words could have been left on-screen for a bit longer as well.

Very enjoyable
    Tim

5. Default takin to notice..

Thank you....!

Good fun. The audio sounded like 35 people in a small bathroom though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by solway View Post
    Good fun. The audio sounded like 35 people in a small bathroom though.
    I've not seen that film. Sounds fun
    Tim

he he, enjoyed that

have to agree with the others loose the FX on the voice over.