Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPEED DATING - Final viral - Hannah

Default SPEED DATING - Final viral - Hannah

Folks,
    very happy to announce our final viral trailer for our forthcoming short, SPEED DATING, has just gone live.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXMmUroM9g"]YouTube - Meet the Matchmaker - Speed Dating[/ame]

The film production has wrapped and post-prod begins. We hope to release the actual movie trailer in May, with a film release in June.

Many thanks to all involved, and sincere thanks to forum members that have taken the time to watch/comment/vote.

Another very funny advert for your movie. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing. It seems my kind of humour.

Default Premiere

Thanks again Blue, looks like you are my market!!
    Seriously, if we can do what I plan to do, in showing the movie when we're all done, I'll send you an invite.

I hope it has a wider market than 50 year old little fat blokes.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 03-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I hope it has a wider market than 50 year old little fat blocks.
    Well, I quite like them too and I'm a .... oh, dammit!

On another note.

What is a viral video? My understanding (aided and abetted by whackypedia) is that it is an internet video which has become hugely popular.

So

1. How can people claim to be making a viral video?
    2. How can you, yes you, sspieper, claim this is a viral trailer when it has had 74 views?

Does this mean that the term viral has become literally meaningless, like the term "literally"?
    Tim

Blog Entries

Loving the humour too. Clearly you're reaching out to the thirty something short bloke demographic.

The camera falling down the second time and her following certainly raised a smile. I can't say it does a great job at making me want to see the full video though (not that I won't, it's just that this in itself doesn't make me eager to see it).

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Well, I quite like them too and I'm a .... oh, dammit!

On another note.

What is a viral video? My understanding (aided and abetted by whackypedia) is that it is an internet video which has become hugely popular.

So

1. How can people claim to be making a viral video?
    2. How can you, yes you, sspieper, claim this is a viral trailer when it has had 74 views?

Does this mean that the term viral has become literally meaningless, like the term "literally"?
    Tim,
    I took the term ‘viral’ campaign as one to drum up support for a forthcoming release without direct publicity.

So surely by definition, it can only appear to have been popular by the volume of viewers once the campaign has been completed. For example; when a ‘viral trailer’ is initially released, even say like a successful one for The Dark Knight’ no-one will have seen it, so zero viewers, yet it is still a viral trailer.

I believe the term viral in these cases are they are ‘none-publicised.’ The news spreads from viewer to viewer (like a virus), creating publicity within the ‘market place.’ I also believe, and was our intent in making them, viral trailers rarely contain any actual ‘in movie footage.’ Certainly the sequences shown in the four trailers were shot specifically for marketing purposes, and not taken from actual footage of the short.

On another point; if my Speed Dating trailers have had over 100 hits on this forum, how come this has not translated into over 100 hits on youtube?

Blog Entries

You gotta love semantics. Taken literally, I would assume the term "viral" to be something that spreads quickly and to a wide audience. In marketing terms, a video would be termed a success if it "goes viral". However, in order for that success to be gained, there's often an attempt to spread the "viral". Hence, an attempt at creating a viral may be classed as a viral video. In the same way as someone that's running their first marathon is called a "marathon runner" even if he hasn't finished the marathon. However, you can't call yourself a sub 4 hour marathon runner until you are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sspeiper View Post
    On another point; if my Speed Dating trailers have had over 100 hits on this forum, how come this has not translated into over 100 hits on youtube?
    That's a simple one. Not everyone that views the page views the video. For example I've probably viewed the page 10 times (at least). Once when I first read the post, then again after I'd posted. Then each time a post was made, and then twice again when I posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast