Thread: studio 9 doesn't like usb

Default studio 9 doesn't like usb

Hi
    My old panasonic dv worked well with studio 9 via firewire that i put in pc two years ago.

Just got new sony DCR sx50 (bargain) flash cam with only av & usb (no firewire). PC hasn't got av and studio 9 doesn't recognise usb.

Can i feed new cam through old panasonic (has dv in & out) to use firewire connection. Studio 12/14 not an option at moment as it would mean upgrading memory and just about everything else. Or is there a simpler way around this.

shane

2. Default

Try it.
    Does the Sony come with it`s own editing software? If it does import it through that.

Just copy the files from the memory card on to the hard disk. You don't have to capture like from a DV tape. Then open pinnacle and brows to the files and pop them on your time line.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStorm View Post
    Try it.
    Does the Sony come with it`s own editing software? If it does import it through that.
    thanks. captured in sony software then exported to pinnacle 9. However video looks good but no sound. Noticed sony captured in dolby digital so is this compatible with p9.

would really appreciate further help. once i got sound i can continue p9 as normal thank you.