Thread: Highering Video FPS to Audio

Unhappy Highering Video FPS to Audio

Hi, I've had Sony Vegas for a bit of a while now and it seems I've hit a bit of a wall.

What I'm trying to do is speed up the video frames with the audio so they're the same length and time. I have tried velocity at numerous speeds ( 150, 250, 300% etc ) but the video still lasts the same length oddly enough, I'm probably just a real newbie at this program so I thought I'd look for some assistance.

Yes the Audio is an external song so there's no worries about desynchronizing.

I would appreciate any help or tips, thank you.

Edit:
    By the way. Yes, I have read the guides, while they're very helpful I haven't found what I needed.

I have always used VirtualDub before this, since it had an option to automatically set the length of the video to audio I never had a problem until Vegas.

Hold down CTRL and drag the end of the video to whatever length you want.

but the video still lasts the same length oddly enough,
    I'm guessing that you didn't drag the video back to the 'saw tooth' mark after changing the speed with a velocity envelope? Easy to miss, and one of my pet hates with Vegas.
    Last edited by Archie; 03-27-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Hold down CTRL and drag the end of the video to whatever length you want.

I'm guessing that you didn't drag the video back to the 'saw tooth' mark after changing the speed with a velocity envelope? Easy to miss, and one of my pet hates with Vegas.
    I see... But which tooth? The left or right?

Edit:

Sorry for so much editing. I'm learning as I go.
    Last edited by dot.rich; 03-27-2010 at 07:41 PM.

What cuts frames off of the end of the video Rich? You're just speeding up/slowing down a clip - it shouldn't cut anything off. The clip will either get longer (slowed down) of shorter (sped up). Or am I missing something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    What cuts frames off of the end of the video Rich? You're just speeding up/slowing down a clip - it shouldn't cut anything off. The clip will either get longer (slowed down) of shorter (sped up). Or am I missing something else?
    It worked! <3 Thank you. I brought it to the far left tooth, still not sure what the right one is for but the video files are coordinated with each other and there's no skipped frames.

Very helpful!

+1 Thanks.

HA HA! We're talking over cross purposes here. (I think you've deleted your original answer?) Go into Options/Prefs and turn off the 'loop' option. Then you'll only have the 'end' loop saw tooth. The first one marks the beginning of the clip.

Personally, I'd still use the CTRL/Drag method as it's far more flexible.
    Last edited by Archie; 03-27-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Using that method will slow or speed up the clip, so keep an eye on it as it may not always look right

You can also do the same for the audio and if the audio and video is linked it does both and audio at the same time.

pressing the +(plus) or -(minus) key while an audio track is highlighted you can change the pitch of the audio