Thread: mickbc

Question mickbc

Can anyone help I have been trying to get pinnacle studio 14 to run since last September. The problem is when I am in edit and press play the video freezes in the preview window, the sound and the frame counter still work. Pinnacle have tried to sort out this issue but they say that because they cant replicate the problem they cant help. My computer is well within the specification to run the software.
    I have a Panasonic HD camcorder my computer is a quad core 2.63GHz, 8Gb ram and a Nvidia geforce 9500gt graphics card. windows 7
    Studio v 12 worked ok before updating to v 14

Have you tried editing in a different format. If that doesn't help ask for your money back and get Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It's better.

Thanks I dont understand what you mean by different format. I am saving the video files from the hdsc card in avchd (mts)

Blog Entries

What version of Pinnacle were you using before the upgrade and what were the reasons for the upgrade?

Have you installed any windows updates recently (these may have been installed automatically)?

Have you installed any new video codecs recently?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Studio 12, the reason I upgraded to studio 14 was because it was on offer and I liked the look of the red giant add ons. This was way back in September and the first problem I had was V14 would not install. After several weeks and lots of changes pinnacle told me the only thing I could do was to reinstall windows. This I did and added service pack 2 the software then loaded ok but the fault I described appeared since then. I spoke to my computer builder and they said windows 7 might cure the problem. I then did a compleate reinstall with windows 7 just over a week ago. The problem is still there. Codecs ?

Blog Entries

Everything you've done is above and beyond what you should expect to do to install software. It's dissapointing that support suggested you reinstall windows!

Just to clarify, did the preview window work at any a stage with Studio 14. If so, I suggest that you start rolling back Windows updates.

Sometimes it will work. Its mainly when I stop and retart the edited video. I cant roll back the last thing I did was to do a complete reinstall with windows 7 so my computer is as new.

oh dear, another one

pinnacle isnt very good. read the reviews. sorry to be so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    ask for your money back .
    sadly it doesnt work like that with software.