Thread: Using Vegas, a convert?

Default Using Vegas, a convert?

A long story, but PC problems recently have led me to do a clean install and without access to the licence I had for PremPro it means new software too!

So this is a first play with Sony Vegas, (Platinum Pro 9 trial) which you lot seem to rave about! I must admit I found it fairly user friendly!

I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Nice one Ian. I always think people who do commentary are very brave. I hate the sound of my own voice. The voice over sounded really good, you recorded it very well.

Not sure about some of the shots. A bit "zoomy" in parts.

I like the change in pace with the dancing squirrels but I think it went on a bit to long.

A good record of Thanet in early spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post

I like the change in pace with the dancing squirrels but I think it went on a bit to long.
    Thanks Midnight, I did get a bit carried away there... My excuse is the music was too long and difficult to cut down, so I'll blame Solway for that...
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Blog Entries

My favourite bit was when you were talking about the "residents who stay all year round" whilst shoing the graveyard - and then talked of them changing their behaviour to one of summer reproduction. A frightening prospect!

I enjoyed the v/o, but I agree with Midnight that the squirrels went on a bit long (there again you were just experimenting with Vegas so I'm not being too critical).

Please don't shoot Sloway. He's only the piano player.

If you stick with Vegas, I predict that over the next few weeks (and this would probably be the same for anyone switching to any new NLE)
    Initially you'll love the easy way you can do this that and the other.
    Then you'll get very frustrated at how you can't work out how to do all these things you used to do so easily with Premiere.
    Gradually you'll realise you need to approach something differently.
    At some point you'll start thinking in "Vegas".

And them you'll have a dilemma as you'l prefer Vegas for this and that, but Premiere for the other.

But whichever you end up with. Please keep your zooms to the virtual cutting room floor!
    Tim