Thread: First try at editing and grading..

1. Default First try at editing and grading..

OOPs wrong forum, I am reposting to users video//

Hi All,
    So after lurking and watching all the great videos on the site I have decided to jump in and give it a try.. I am working in SD until I feel I am HD worthy.lol.. This is my first attempt at multiple shots and editing and grading. I wanted a 70's nostalgic look so I attempted to grade the footage with a orange-y faded look. And to cut down on the complexity I used some music from Metric that I really liked and solved that issue. I would love some thoughts on what everyone thinks.. I want to get better so any words would be great. Thanks in advance.
    franco

On Vimeo
    Last edited by francovogt; 03-22-2010 at 08:34 PM.

I am just gonna dive in and get in there first before the people who know what they are on about rock up... In the wise words of Louis Walsh... I like it!

I think it looks like a pro finish, very slick to watch and the music gives it a certain gravitas.

My gushing tribute should be balanced by the fact that my own videos are bloody amateur so it is hardly an "expert" opinion

Andy
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

10 Yetis have been known to have the odd dabble at marketing n\' stuff, penguins need not apply.

Can we have the mods sort out this double post. He has this video in the User video section as well. Is it possible to transfer 10Yetis comment to that thread and loose this one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Can we have the mods sort out this double post. He has this video in the User video section as well. Is it possible to transfer 10Yetis comment to that thread and loose this one.
    Your wish is my command!
    Tim