Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto Ripple and audio envelopes

1. Default Auto Ripple and audio envelopes

Always up for a bit of self punishment! I decided after completing my last project I would add an extra couple of scenes amounting to approx 2mins.

I used the auto ripple tool to insert the scenes but one pain with that is that audio ducks created using audio envelopes do not move up the time line with the events, is the a quick solution to this?

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by castman View Post
    I used the auto ripple tool to insert the scenes but one pain with that is that audio ducks created using audio envelopes do not move up the time line with the events, is the a quick solution to this?
    Yes, choose the options that are part of the Auto Ripple Icon - that's the down arrow next to it. Select the options you wish - sounds like you needed to have selected "All Tracks, Markers, and Regions" - works for me! Then all my Audio Ducks swim in unison with the rest of the Ducks - and "ripple" on.

I don't understand why the envelops didn't move with the clips. I just tried it in my copy of Vegas and they moved with the clips.

If you are dealing with only one Track, then that would work. But, and here we are talking ducking audio tracks against each other , then you'd need to select the options I said. Otherwise you'd get our colleague's results.

If you are dealing with more than one audio, then check to see what option you have selected.

Thanks Grazie, I never even thought of other tracks.

6. Default

Hmmm God know's what I'm doing wrong then. I do have the last option of "All tracks, markers and regions" selected but the ducks are obviously happy playing where they are.

The events all move along, but the blue line remains complete with all the varous points - looks like a cardiograph readout!

I have a total of 4 audio tracks: original filmed audio, voice-over, effects and background music. Effects are not included in the section I am dealing with, it is essentially the background music that requires the most amount of ducking and now it's all over the place.

It's not a huge problem just one of those things I would like to know I can do. I'll have another bash at it tomorrow

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

castman, you'll need to post a screen grab of your timeline so I can get an idea of what is going on?

8. Default

Thanks I'll do that if I can't suss it out tomorrow - cheers

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

9. Default

Hmm after starting up and 'playing' today the ducks came peacefully along!

BUT/....

Lord know's what I've done... a weird thing, I can't explain.
    I suddenly have a new track entitled MASTER - I didn't knowingly put it there but it doesn't have a delete track option - so how do I get rid?

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

Quote Originally Posted by castman View Post
    I suddenly have a new track entitled MASTER - . . . - so how do I get rid?
    View | Audio Bus Tracks . . . and deselect it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast