Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help me... Please.

  1. #1

    Default Help me... Please.

    So, Here is the deal, this forum is so big and I'm just starting here so I didn't find the best place to put this thread but please help me understand something...

    I have Sony HDR-SR10 Handycam and I shoot some king of a film in SD HQ quality. I don't know alot about this bu what I need is to edit my material into a film and after all to put it back to a camera so I can view It on my Camera HDD-I mean to connect it to a TV and watch my edited film AFTER editing it on my PC.

    Do I need to use special formats or something? Just introduce me in this, please...

    If I use Adobe Primere Pro, can I make it good? So I can watch it back from my Camera?

  2. #2

    Default

    You camera shoots in a format called AVCHD which, if your computer is powerful enough, will edit in Adobe Premiere Pro. AVCHD is a type of mpeg format which is used on DVDs. It's not the easiest format for editing but should work, if you have a good PC.

    As for how good it will be is up to your editing skills.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    AVCHD is a type of mpeg format which is used on DVDs.
    If you mean what I think you mean, then this is a confusing statement.
    If you read it as it is written, it's just plain wrong

    AVCHD is most definitely not a format used on DVDs (at least not DVD video)
    Tim

  4. #4

    Default

    I know what is AVCHD very well but that is not my question.

    I record in SD because I need so, my TV, you know... Why to waste memory but my question is: how can I take back the material I edited into a film, so how can I take the film back to the camera like that so I can watch it from there (by a connection to a TV) don't ask why I need it, just please explain in what format or what should I do in the editing?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    If you mean what I think you mean, then this is a confusing statement.
    If you read it as it is written, it's just plain wrong

    AVCHD is most definitely not a format used on DVDs (at least not DVD video)
    Yes it was badly written.

    I should have said AVCHD is a format similar to mgeg2.

    and then said MPEG2 is the format used on DVDs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMonkeyMHFC View Post
    I know what is AVCHD very well but that is not my question.
    But others reading this thread may not - hence the requirement fro clarification.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMonkeyMHFC View Post

    but my question is: how can I take back the material I edited into a film, so how can I take the film back to the camera like that so I can watch it from there (by a connection to a TV) don't ask why I need it, just please explain in what format or what should I do in the editing?
    I don't know but in the absense of any other replies, I would have thought start off by finong out the format of the files you record in SD on your camera. Download one to your PC (or do you have to "capture"? - in which case the format you want is SDDV avi) and run the free utility GSpot which will tell you just about everything you could wish to know about the format.
    Tim

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Yes it was badly written.
    And who isn't guilty of that from time to time? Wasn't trying to pick you up MB, just didn't want that confusing statement left on the forum
    Tim

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •