Thread: No music in video

Default No music in video

If it sounds like I don't know what I'm talking about it's because I don't, so I apologize for that.
    I'm using Vegas Movie Studio 9 and have several clips inserted into a project with the original audio removed from the clips. I've imported some music (in wmv) into the project that plays with the movie just fine while I'm working on it but when I make the movie in MPEG-2 (haven't tried another format yet) I see the video but can't hear the music. It isn't in mute and the only possible thing I can think of is that the files were originally in MPEG-4. Could that be the problem and if so how can I fix it?

It could be that you don't have the, include audio option ticked in the mpeg2 custom audio options. I hope you know what that means.

Thanks for posting. I'm not able to find the custom options for MPEG2. When I go into advanced render, selecting "custom" is not an option. Could you please direct me to this option?

Click on file then Render As. A option box comes up. In the save type select "MainConcept MPEG-2"

Then select a template you want. For example DVD PAL. To the right of this is a button called "Custom" click on this and the custom options page come up.

On the tabs at the bottom click on the Audio tab. Check that the include audio stream tick box is ticked. This will make sure the audio is included in the render. Click ok to save the setting and then click on the Save button to start the rendering.

Keep your fingers crossed that it will work for you.

Unforunately, for all of the MPEG2 options, the "custom" is not a selectable option. I wish it was. Any ideas?

Actually, I think I've found my answer. I'm trying to render a 1920x1080@30fps video. On another forum, they instruct you to render the audio separately as a .ac3 audio file. Audio is included in non-1920x1080 formats. Maybe I should consider rendering the video and audio separately to increase the quality?

If you render the audio and Video separately you will only be able to play both together if you make a DVD. If you for example try and upload to you tube you will have no sound. If thats ok for you then go with your solution.

Blog Entries

Dunno if this might help, but I just loaded up my old Movie Studio Plat version 6.

Rendering to MainConcept MPEG2, Custom is greyed out (so it may well not appear at all in later versions)

There is a variety of templates. Those which say "DVD Architect video stream"s - you get video only.That which says "DVD PAL (or NTSC) separate streams" - you get video only.
    That which says "DVD PAL" you get video AND audio.(Presumably same for NTSC)
    Tim

Thanks for the replies. I guess my questions leads me to the question. I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 and Sony DVD Architect 4.5. I can render 1920x1080 blu-ray quality video, but I can only burn normal DVDs with this setup, not a blu-ray DVD. so my question is as follows.
    If I wanted to provide a blu-ray quality, mpeg-2 rendered video to have it burned on a blu-ray dvd, how would I include the audio? All of the options listed in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 9.0 seem to render only video streams. This leads me to believe that I'd have to provide a separate audio track. Is this normal? Should I be able to render both the video and audio together?

It looks like Tim has already answered the audio question. Although I do find this most peculiar. You can put the separate video and audio files into DVD Architect and when you make the Blue-Ray Disk it will all be burned so it will play normally with a Blue-Ray Player.