Thread: Yey or Ney before I buy it

Default Yey or Ney before I buy it

Hello hello forum'ers

Before I go off and buy this Mesh PC from Amazon (that I intend to use exclusively for film editing), I thought I would run it past the people in the know here. I will be using Prem Pro CS4.

MESH XGS Ice 7 LE with Intel Core i7 860 LGA1156, 1GB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo (norm link, not Aff link)

Thoughts? Any other ideas for around the same money (875.00)?

p.s. I know it is hella annoying to read posts like these when there are hundreds of similar ones so, thanks for taking the time to help.

Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

10 Yetis have been known to have the odd dabble at marketing n\' stuff, penguins need not apply.

Looks good.

cracking... will get it ordered then, unless anyone has any thoughts/reservations/suggestions...

Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

10 Yetis have been known to have the odd dabble at marketing n\' stuff, penguins need not apply.

Ok, so... I am thinking I have made a mistake here. I debated long and hard between this and something from Alienware and think I should have gone for the Dell bad boy.

Story so far, it arrived yday and i got it out of the box today.

Spotted immediately that it did not support duel monitors, even though I had been told by mesh that it did. Got one of our IT boys to take a look and it was clearly not the graphics card that we were told it would be.

Rang the tech support line and waited on hold for 35 mins on one of those "you are currently number 3 in the Q" jobs. When i got to number one I was told it would be no longer than a 2 min wait... 15 mins later I got through.

I could not understand a word the person was saying. They refused to believe my word and made me go away, boot up the PC, check the system and then call them back again. Despite my plea, they made me do it.

I did this, complete with another 25 min wait and confirmed it was the wrong graphics card. I got through to the same person again (this tells me that Mesh has one person on support) and they said they needed to go away and come back to me later.

Not heard a word since! Meanwhile, there is another tech issue with it that I am going to post about elsewhere as I need advice on it.

The moral of the story, don't use Mesh Computers. I used them as I bought something from them a couple of years ago and they were ace but it looks like standards have dropped and I must admit to being gutted.
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

The spec from the website says it has a ATI Radeon HD5750 which has a dule DVI output. Are you saying there isn't a ATI Radeon HD5750 in the PC ? OR that you just can't get it to work ?

I am saying there is not an ATI Redeon HD5750 in the PC. Mesh says that because it says "HD57-series" on the properties it is the same. Absolute tosh, the graphics card in the PC has no resemblance at all to the product shots on the web.
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------

Well that's just not right, it clearly states on the website linked above that it is a ATI Redeon HD5750. If I was you, I'd just send it back and get a refund.

So what is the graphics card that is in it?

have not got a scooby what is in it. I tried sending it back, i even gave them the extended disco version of take it back, but they are yet to see the light!

ps, you seen the power issue outlined in the hardwear prob section... another bit of fun.
    Andy
    andy@10yetis.co.uk
    ---------