Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENTLY need these questions answering!

Default URGENTLY need these questions answering!

hi guys,

This is my first post, so pls accept my apologies if i make any mistakes.

I have sony vegas 9.0 and i'm trying to create a simple slide show of my family photos to give to my kid for her birthday which is in 2 weeks time. As you can imagine, i'm kind of desperate.

The problem is that I have gathered several thousand photos, old and new and I don't want to have to add transitions to each photo manually.

1. Is there a way of telling the software to choose transitions randomly without me have to add them myself? If yes, then how? If not, then what do u recommend?

2. Also I want to make the video is good to excellent quality, so what video format shall i save it under and what settings do u recommend?

thank u very much.

OK, Vegas is a video editing programme. If you want photo slideshows, you would be far better off using one of the many slideshow programmes out there. They'll not only add random transitions, but also add some auto animation to each photo - which helps hold interest. If you don't like any particular transition/animation You could then just edit it.

If you're happy with a basic slideshow with the same transition, then go to Options/preferences/editing and tick the "Automatically overlap multiple selected media..." box. Change the "New still image length" to whatever you want. Now you can drag as many pics as you want onto the timeline (Using the usual left click/shift or or left click/ctrl). They'll all be automatically overlapped with the default transition.

If you're using DVD as the final medium, use one of the DVDA templates to render to.

thank u archie,

what program can you recommend that will auto-add random transitions?

To be honest, I haven't done anything like this for about 5 years. But ProShow Gold gets good reviews. Photodex - ProShow Gold
    There's a free trial.

Pinnacle have a "Make auto movie" button. Where you just put some clips on the time line click the button and it will mix them all up and put transitions in etc. but I would not recommend it to anyone.

6. Default

Magix also do a pretty good photo slide show maker, magix software is usually inexpensive and I am sure you can get a trial version download.
    I used their product some years ago for a quick presentation I needed to hack together with very little time - that was a few incarnations of the program ago

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

Blog Entries

And if you're using Vegas Pro 9, both Excalibur (Edward Troxell) and Ultimate S (VASST) scripting packages include some useful random transition slideshow scripts.
    Tim

well thank u everyone for the helpful advice. I'm a little confused with the Excalibue and Ultimate S...where do u get these from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by svegas9 View Post
    well thank u everyone for the helpful advice. I'm a little confused with the Excalibue and Ultimate S...where do u get these from?
    Excalibur
    and VASST - Home
    Tim

10. Default

Xnview is also a great program for viewing still photos and you can create slideshows with random transitions and add music. The best part about it is it`s free. You can download it here.
    XnView - Download

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast