Thread: Problem while converting wmv to mp4

Default Problem while converting wmv to mp4

Hello guys, I'm new here and I hope I posted in the right place but I'd desperately want to find a solution for my problem: I'm using Tunebite Converter for a long time, but for a while it keeps telling me that I got a playback error and it cannot do the conversion anymore.
    I recently tried to convert some wmv to mp4 but every time I tried to convert them it gave me this error. And if the videos doesn't play, the conversion cannot be made.
    Anyone has a clue about this?
    Thanks

Is this problem only when you're trying to convert those wmv to mp4? Or every time you want to convert any file you get this error? Because if this error occurs only when you're trying to convert those wmv to mp4, then your files cannot be played and they have a problem or something. See if they're working with other player and not with Tunebite in order to see if the files have a problem or Tunebite.

Well, I have tried to convert other files, just to test tunebite, it might be tunebite because it doesn't work with any of the files, not only with those wmv. Of course the files can be played with other player so it's not the files.

I didn't change my os and I really don't want to give up using Tunebite, because it's quite good, besides this, I've never had any problem with it and it has many useful features, as converting audio and video files, but also downloads music and movies off the internet, keeping the names of the files. The quality of th files is good and works pretty fast, so really I don't want to give up of it so easily. Anyway, I wrote to support guys and now I'm waiting their answer and if this problem cannot be fixed or it's something bad, I'll change it, I'll let you know...
    Last edited by Ranson; 03-24-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Try to rename the files, maybe their names are too long and cannot be played. I had a while ago some sorts of problem, don't remember what problem exactly, but I had to rename their name as they were too long. But if you say that it doesn't work with any of the files, then it should be Tunebite. Did you get any answer from the support guys? They should know how to deal with this problem and you'll get your answer and continue to convert your wmv to mp4 files.
    Good luck!!!

Back with details as I received an answer from Tunebite's support... My problem is solved as I needed to play the files with their original application. Of course, I've tried before to play back the files with Tunebite's mini player, that's when I got that error. And as I said I tried to play the files with other player too, but not in the moment when I wanted to convert the files, I just played them...
    However, after their answer I played back with windows media player for conversion and I had to answer some questions which pooped up when I started the files in windows media player. After those question, nothing bad happened.
    Well, it never crossed my mind this possibility, but it's good I've solved this and I don't have to change Tunebite because I really like it as it has many useful features and, I really don't know what happened now, I've never had any problem before....