Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Text in a Video

Default 3D Text in a Video

I am new here and I just started with sony vegas a few days ago, I am already having alot of fun even though I lack skills. I find youtube to be a great source of info but for my questions I think I would do well on a forum like this.

Anyway, I am trying to create something like the 3d text shown in this video...

The problem is that I need to find a tutorial on how to do so but I can't find one. When I search for 3d text sony vegas it gives me tutorials on text animations for intros. I am asking for someone to either link a tutorial on how to do it or at least tell me what its called so I can actually search for it.

Thanks,
    steelyphil

Quote Originally Posted by steelyphil View Post
    Anyway, I am trying to create something like the 3d text shown in this video...
    - I wish . . . . . In Vegas? Nu-uh . . those are great simple titles. They even look real!

No, Vegas just can't near to that. Sure, it can make 3-D plan-o manipulation, but that plane has not got thickness. In the example there is thickness, shadows, falling shadows, cast shadows and tumbling text.

In Vegas? I wish!

Blog Entries

I could be wrong. But I think the text in this video is real. As in letters cut from plastic or something and placed. At 1:08 the biker hits them and they fall way too much like real life.

Quite . . . .

I love this. So to answer your question. The way you do it in Vegas is to make some letters out of foam, cardboard etc. shoot them with your video camera and edit as needed in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I love this. . . make some letters out of foam, cardboard etc. shoot them with your video camera and edit as needed in Vegas.
    - I know! I know!!! Back to Blue Peter and sticky backed plastic! Marvellous! Jumpers for goalposts; Bovril; Chips eaten outta newsprint; Beer sold in jugs; outside clugdies and gob-stoppers.

It's SONY way of saying "Get Creative!". Mind you, a pair of scissors would be total pants for encoding an MPEG for DVD-A. Or have you found a way for that too?

May be you could burn a DVD with these laser scissors.

They didn't look real to me. Maybe I overestimated the power of vegas or maybe I just have downs syndrome.

Maybe I overestimated the power of vegas . .
    - Maybe you did - . . but . . . .

. . . maybe I just have downs syndrome.
    - But this is just plainly offensive and without call or excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    - Maybe you did - . . but . . . .

- But this is just plainly offensive and without call or excuse.
    It was offensive to give me reply treating me like a moron too, maybe not as much but still offensive...and what I said wasn't even directed at anyone here.

it can be done, I need 3ds max and probably after effects though.

Last edited by steelyphil; 03-17-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast