Thread: Transparency

Default Transparency

Hi i'm running premier 6.5 and for a collage project i have decided to do a music video. In this video i was planning to have a guy walk around all alone as well as the guy's former-self with girlfriend (they will be transparent) also walking around.

Now the transparency without them walking through each other is no problem, but i was planning to have them touch and when ever i try to do it they both go transparent.

Is there a way to make one stay solid??

If you don't understand my question an example is on the first episode of 'Red Dwarf' for those of you who have the dvd or video.

Thanks

If I understand you correctly thn you want two people to be walking around and be transparent. Presumably you mean semi-transparent otehr wise theproblem goes away because you won't see them at all - hee hee.
    And at the the same time an instance of the same guy waling around and looking normal.

Well, you will obviously be shooting the guy twice. Place the 'normal' image on layer 1 and the 'transparent' clip on layer two. Now chage theopacity of layer 2 to make tem seen transparent. As long as you filmed with a tripod and didn't move it between shots the background will line up nicely and the only thing that will appear transparent will be the poeple.

If I;ve misunsderstood what you are after then you shoudl explain some more.

Blog Entries

I must admit I didn't quite *get* what you meant, but I think Millys' done a good job of fathoming it out!

However, I don't think it's quote what you wanted. The only way to have one man transparent and the other normal (as if a ghost or hologram is walking through someone) is to to key out everything but the "transparent" man - that means exporting each frame and rotoscoping. This will take ages.

I agree. I forgot the fact that you want them to 'touch' didn't I? Not an easy job. I think to get this 'right' it will be quite a task involving either rotoscoping, as marc says, or some very nasty animated masking of the 'opacity' settings.

Blog Entries

Or getting a green screen