Thread: Video Restoration Techniques

Default Video Restoration Techniques

Hi. I'm new on this forums and in the whole video-editing stuff. Right now I'm trying to make video about hockey, and I'd like to make it close to HD as much as possible. With Sony Vegas I manage to correct colors to make video more tasty

I'm curious how to remove all that sharp pixels. Bluring doesn't really help. Another problem is that actual action-hockey footage looks good in HD but this...

Perhaps there is some kind of tutorial or general information about video restoration here? That'll help me a lot. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometime back I bought "NeatVideo" it does a more than adequate job on cleaning grainy or "noisy" video. As its website says:-

"Neat Video is a video filter designed to reduce visible noise and grain in digital video sequences produced by digital video cameras, camcorders, TV-tuners, digitizers of film or analog video."

Try the demo and see? It's also got a great Users Forum where you may ask questions of the Programmer! Marvelous!

And yes, it is a direct Plug-in to Vegas. It appears as an FX, in your FX list. You can create Presets and have them immediately available to you in Vegas. VEry easy to use and alter.

Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video