Thread: Please share with me how I can get videos to play faster?

Default Please share with me how I can get videos to play faster?

I am a online college student watching video lectures and I need a software program or a command on a video player like Real player or YouTube that allows me to speed up videos on my computer. I appreciate all information. I am computer illiterate when it comes to videos and I would appreciate your knowledge to help speed up my knowledge deficit.
    Thanks for any help. KJV1234@gmail.com
    Last edited by kjvisser; 03-09-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: rephrase

2. Default

not sure I understand what you require. Are you saying that when you watch videos on Youtube, they are not running smoothly, or that you want to have them run in fast motion?

If they are not running smoothly - i.e. jerky, breaking up, forever buffering etc.. then that is probably your internet speed. Maybe use a Youtube ripper to download the clip and then watch it as you would a video clip

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee

Default How Do I??

thanks for your response. Bottom Line: I am attempting to view a video clip that states it is a 50 minute clip in less than 50 minutes . I have a knowledge deficit in using any videoplayers or their controls. I attempted to ask question in Windows Media User forum. I have not found any answer for use on RealPlayer. There may be other videoplayers or command controls I am not aware of to manipulate the video speed. I am attempting to view the video lecture clip or downloaded video clip at a faster speed. I can download into realplayer but how do I manipulate the commands on the video player to play the video lecture at a faster speed? Any response is greatly appreciated

If you have a slow Internet speed that makes the video stream slowly, you could used a web video download service to download the video to your computer and watch the video over your favourite media player at your leisure.

Here are suggestions : Splandoo, Movavi, Vdownloader

5. Default

So you want to speed up the motion of the video clip. I am not sure (haven't used it in ages) but I think VLC allows you to do that www.videolan.org/vlc/

Castman
    Uses:
    Canon XH-G1
    Sony Vegas Pro 9e
    gallons of coffee