Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freerunning video of myself

1. Default Freerunning video of myself

Ok, i haven't been here for a while, but since i released another video i could use some tips.

Yes, i know that at the beginning the camera shakes pretty mad and the quality is much worse than the second part, thats because i switched a camera in the middle so the second part is much better, i guess.

Thats the vid:

Please let me know about any Editing and Filming suggestions, trying to get better!

Peace out guys

I like to see a video with a beginning, middle and an end. With yours you had a good beginning, establishing the location and the talent. The middle showing a good variety of camera angles. Then no ending it just stops and goes into a different middle, which as you quite rightly said is better shot. I think the tripod used in the second half makes all the difference to the shots, yes I can see it's a better camera but the first half if it had be shot with a tripod would have been better BUT you know this already.

The main thing about the music is to make the change smooooooooother not so sudden.

Everybody likes a happy ending or at least some sort of ending.

Well done.

3. Wink

Haha yea i see your point, i guess this one will remain with an open ending...

I was planning to film something, but while editing it i just realised, this is the end of the project, and adding more would simply won't feel right.

Music - check, will be done.

And yeah, the tripod invention came abit late for me haha. Anyways, it was shot not from very "easy" angles, thin places which a tripod would simply wont fit anyways, so im happy it got filmed atleast like this.

Thanks for the criticism mate!
    Last edited by Phillkruglov; 03-09-2010 at 09:18 PM.

4. Default

Bump up, come'on anything what is wrong about it should be mentioned.

That was really cool! Seemed to have a lot of build up to it. Nice job
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

6. Default

Thanks alot!

P.S about the audio forgot to mention that youtube quite delayed and broke the sound on my video, so that explains abit the lame fade from part 2 into part 3...

7. Default

Another shameless bump up, i'm not sure if im passing the rules since i haven't read them but oh well...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phillkruglov View Post
    Another shameless bump up, i'm not sure if im passing the rules since i haven't read them but oh well...
    Not really, but why don't you read the rules? Surely that's common courtesy.

As for the lack of comments, TBH skate/bmx/freerunning vides don't attract a lot of comments here as they tend to be just montages, most of which are adequate, some of which are dreadful and a few of which are very good.

But. Unless one is into skate/bmx/freerunning they hold little interest for the average viewer.

Now if you want to make one which will attract comment, then make a documentary or a story about the sport or a particular runner. That has a far broader appeal.
    Tim

9. Default

Well i thought about making one, but never came to action. I really like editing so i see editing freerunning videos as like..the start of the future career? haha. You know, slowly but surely rising to the top :]
    I am planning to do some 'stuntwork' for the sake of fun, but with actual plot and everything, like a mini movie. So hope ill get more response in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillkruglov View Post
    I am planning to do some 'stuntwork' for the sake of fun, but with actual plot and everything, like a mini movie. So hope ill get more response in there...
    I look forward to seeing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast