Thread: FLV Video Inspector

Default FLV Video Inspector

I need a program to view all the properties of an FLV file so that I can edit it with the right settings on output. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

quick reply bump

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Try Gspot

looks great, but says unknown codec for all my flv files. this is the info:

Video Track #1:
    FOURCC: "MPG2" (MPEG-2 Video)
    672x480
    fps

Audio Track #1:
    FormatTag : "255" (AAC (Advanced Audio Coding))
    2 channels, 44100Hz
    Language: N/A

although it is an FLV file...

Even though the codec is undetermined it has still given you the settings you need for your editing. As to why it says it's an mpeg2 I don't know. What is the history of the file ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Even though the codec is undetermined it has still given you the settings you need for your editing. As to why it says it's an mpeg2 I don't know. What is the history of the file ?
    It was downloaded from youtube. I'll have to check if it does give you the settings when I get home, if so then cool.

Well if it came from YouTube it could have been on quite a journey before you downloaded it. So YouTube could have sent the download as an mpeg2. Who knows what there servers get up to when nobody is looking.

Gspot has said that the example above is 672 x 480 size and 25fps. This should be reliable.

oh, I should have mentioned that those above settings were from DivX player. the settings Gspot came up with were:

Codec: ????
    Name: Flash Video Unknown Type
    Frms: 999
    Kbps: 802
    Pics/s: 30.032
    Frames/s: 30.032