Thread: new vid ('04 footage)

Default new vid ('04 footage)

i was bored, so i made a vid. i made it using footage from '04, basically, to try new editing tricks and stuff. lemme know what you think. if you think it sucked, i don't care how bad it sounds, give it to me, and tell me how i can improve.

thanks!

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=13476

You have some very nice photography there. You also have soem clear ideas about how to apply effects., and very nicely too on occasion.

However, when watching this I couldn't help feeling that the montage had that 'Look what I can do' feel about it rather than composed with a specific purpose. I guess this is more evident because there the music track seems to have been just added. Try and edit to the beat and tempo of the music, you will be surprised at the difference this makes.

Also for me, at this resolution, the closing credits (whilst nicely composed) didn't quite work becuase the video was too small.

Overall though a good effort. Just need to be a bit snappier with the editing and a bit more planning to the composition.

Well done!
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

i thought that was phat, at the start it went well with the music too and the girls in the vid were a very nice touch, overall a quality video but nearer the end it didnt seem to match the music as well.. just my opinion..

4. Default

cool vid, more of the girls would've been better

thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    However, when watching this I couldn't help feeling that the montage had that 'Look what I can do' feel about it rather than composed with a specific purpose. I guess this is more evident because there the music track seems to have been just added. Try and edit to the beat and tempo of the music, you will be surprised at the difference this makes.
    thanks for the help purejammy. i did lay the music track down first, and built the vid around the music. if you watch each clip, the rider either hits the wake on beat, or lands on beat, and sometimes both.

No offence intended. You did say ...

if you think it sucked, i don't care how bad it sounds, give it to me, and tell me how i can improve
    Also, the photography was very good, camera work was very good, but the editing to the beat was a bit inconsistent. As I said in my first post a good effort.

Well done!
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

oh, no offense taken! i greatly appreciate any and all advice/tips/suggestions given!

thanks!