Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do we find out if 32 or 64 bit Vegas?

1. Default how do we find out if 32 or 64 bit Vegas?

Can someone tell us how to find out whether we've got the 32 or 64 bit version of Vegas installed on our PC.
    Thanks

Sarah & Allison & Tina

Why? What happens?

3. Default

You told us in another thread Grazie that one of the problems that has dogged our current project was probably because we hadnt updated Vegas Pro 9 since we bought it.
    As we have it installed on 2 PCs we thought we might upgrade it on the 2nd one & just open a copy of our project to see how it fares.
    This made us realise we dont know whether to download the 9c version in 32 bit or 64 bit, as we cant find that information on either computer.

Sarah

To find out if your computer has 32bit or 64bit windows on, press the wondows key and r, in the run box, type "winver"

You asked a question that really made me think a lot . . . here's my stab at it . . . ok . .

I can read the "Details" of off my QUAD core within Device Manager, and that is telling me I have a QUAD CORE with the details of one of the cores saying something like ". . . -X86_family " - this tells me that I am running a 32-bit based CPU, and I would not be able to make use of or even maybe run 64-bit s/w. Now, if I was running a 64-bit CPU it would have something along the lines of something . . . something . . 64 - in the CPU core details. Well it doesn't, so I have a 32-bit CPU.

To Smifis: Where does the Version of Windows say it is 32-bit? Maybe I can run 32-bit s/w on a 64-bit machine?

would not HELP> ABOUT in Vegas tell them what version of Vegas they are running?

vTo Smifis: Where does the Version of Windows say it is 32-bit? Maybe I can run 32-bit s/w on a 64-bit machine?
    You can but you shouldn't, there's no point if there's a 64 bit version.

IIRC on my winver, it says 32bit, it's either there or under the General tab of system properties. (Windows Key + r --> type "sysdm.cpl" --> Enter)

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    would not HELP> ABOUT in Vegas tell them what version of Vegas they are running?
    - Eh? But I guess you could tell them - yes?

Blog Entries

Help | About doesn't tell you.
    But let's be realistic about this:

Sarah, Allison & Tina, when you bought your PC if you weren't asked to make a choice about whether you wanted 64bit or 32 bit Windows, the chances are extremely high that you will have 32 bit Windows. To check do this:

How do I know if I'm running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?

If you have 32 bit Windows, you cannot run 64 bit Vegas therefore you have 32 bit Vegas. If you are running 64 bit Windows you could be running either version of Vegas.

Look in your C: drive for the folder called "Program Files (x86)"
    If in that folder, there's a folder called Sony (ie if C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony exists) then, unless you've installed other 64 bit Sony programs***, you're running 64bit Vegas.

*** OK You may have installed 64 bit, then removed it thus leaving the folder there, but I guess you'd have remembered doing that!

Hope that helps.
    Tim

10. Default

Thanks for all the replies ,we tried them all.
    Strangely most of them didnt work for us, except Tim's.

Thanks again

Sarah & Allison & Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast