Thread: My first project with Pro 1.5

Default My first project with Pro 1.5

This is my first project and I bring new project but only get 1 monitor screen, (video screen) I don't have the first panel on the left as idicated in review and quick start guide by Mark Peters? How do I fit everything on the screen? I have to toggle back and forth to see everything and my monitor or video screen page won't let me see the whole page? One more question, I had a 8mm tape converted to DVD with a video_ts file, will Premier Pro load this? Seem I've tried this and it's not excepted? Can I load this right from the DVD or do I have to download to the computer first? I'm just getting started and will be here often and of course lot's of practice!!!! Need any kind of help? To start all I want to do is edit or remove a few frames from this project and I'll be happy. The I can get into more as I learn. There is no audio with this project.
    Thanks aventur1

Blog Entries

[quote] don't have the first panel on the left as idicated in review and quick start guide by Mark Peters?[quote]

in the monitor window there is a small arrow in the top left corner, click that and a drop down menu appears. At the bottom is "dual view". Click it.

How do I fit everything on the screen?
    Window > Workspace > Editing

had a 8mm tape converted to DVD with a video_ts file, will Premier Pro load this
    Premiere does not support MPEG editing. VOBs are MPEG streams. If you do import the VOBS into Premiere, you will not be able to scrub (move along) the time line effectively as MPEG is not designed for editing. The MPEG plugin from Main Concept works for editing VOBS in Premiere.

Can I load this right from the DVD or do I have to download to the computer first?
    You should transfer the any file you are going to edit to your Hard drive as the video needs to be continually accessed.