Thread: Photoshop CS4 Extended Edition

Default Photoshop CS4 Extended Edition

Well, I don't know if you guys knew this already or not, but for those who didn't know, it might be pretty helpful.

Anyways, the whole point of this post is because Photoshop CS 4 Extended Edition supports video, therefore you can actually import any video to photoshop and apply filters or effects to it using photoshop. Now, I really haven't tried it yet, but I am guessing the quality should not be affected at the time to export the movie.

I think this is pretty cool since it gives you the chance of applying amazing filters and effects that most probably are not available in Video Editing software.

Here's a segment (no audio available) on how to do a small change with colors. I am also adding a link to the full video where you can hear what the guy is stalking during this tutorial. The video is at high speed, but is just so you see how you can affect the video, in this case the color, with Photoshop.

Tutorial - Episode 223
    Photoshop User TV
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Which btw, it makes me think that getting a Film or Old Film look would be extremely easy using photoshop, but I'm wonder if the rendering would take more time than usual or it would be the same than if it was a video editing software.
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

This isn'tt actually news to most of us but...

... combine that with the ability to imports 3D models from some of the bigger 3D modelling apps and you can actually get 3D models into After Effects and actually animate then too by using Photoshop Extended.

My tuppence.

I find the overlapping of Adobe's product capabilities a blessing and a curse. For example, one can change a colour in a video using Photoshop, Premiere or After Effects. Understandably, they can't perform those functions equally well.
    And a full copy of CS4 is too expensive and complicated for most.

OTOH, the separate products all perform their own functions well. And the choice of products opens the way to Users who are coming either from a graphic design or a videotography background.

I had no idea PS Extended was so cool.
    Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended: Upgrade details

5. Default

i actually do not know of this. is this feature available in CS3 extended?

Allan, I'm sure there more than a few that didn't and still don't know about this. I have CS4 Extended and I had no idea I could do this at all.

Tim, I understand what you say. I think photoshop, since is not a video editing software can help, but it won't do much, but the fact that someone who does graphic design or knows how to use Photoshop will take advantage of this new features. I know a lot about photoshop, and since I'm so used to the tools and effects, it will be easier for me to mess around with this tools and see where I get with them.

aniekanetuhube, this is a new feature in CS4 extended only.
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

7. Default brushes

Rebel How can i animate brushes in photoshop for my videos, or where can i get such animated brushes
    Last edited by aniekanetuhube; 03-20-2010 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aniekanetuhube View Post
    Rebel How can i animate brushes in photoshop for my videos, or where can i get such animated brushes
    What do you mean with animated brushes? As far as I'm concern a brush is not animated
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

9. Default

rebel what i meant was motion brushes that are used as special effects in videos. how can i get them