Thread: Quick ideas needed?

Default Quick ideas needed?

Hello, ok listen... me and my friend have this film study class in highschool and our teacher knows that both of us love making films. Well she tells us this morning that theres this Arts Competition for Teens at the local community college and she asked for us to make a movie for it... She told us its due by Monday morning and right now its thursday night lol... the problem is we have no ideas for a movie it needs to be under 10 minutes but were cluless of what to do... We have the actors, editors, camera men but no ideas and we have 3 days to do this .... anyone have any ideas of what we can do ??? any help and ill add u in credits as writer or something our actors are funny people so i was thinkin maybe a short silent film with music and make a twist at the end to make ppl laugh??? any help will be appreicated thanks alot.

Dont know if this will be of any help,but why not do something based around a joke. surely there must be one where no talking can be involved?
    :

its early, and my ideas are null at the moment!

Yes thats a good idea. Try a visual joke.

There is a very good example of visual joke at http://www.videoforums.co.uk/ftopic1350.html

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    Yes thats a good idea. Try a visual joke.

There is a very good example of visual joke at http://www.videoforums.co.uk/ftopic1350.html

And an absolute classic it is too. I had an idea of a sort of commercial a while ago but can;t see me gettign round to doing it. A sort of spot cream advertisement. Do all the corny "Not going out because of that unsightly blemish?" sort of voice over whiler our poor dude is looking in the mirror.

tell him eht emiracle fo the new wonder "Spot Away" product that guarantees to hide unsightly spot immediately. He goes out to the shops and comes home with his shopping a paper bag. He empties the bag of shopping onto the kitchen table and we cut to him having got ready to go out, only we can;t see his face. Anyway, we eventually moce tohis face only to find out the bag is "Spot Away" and he is wearing it over his face, with eye holes cut in it. Well, the spot is hidden!

Or maybe the movie can be about the journey to some sort of psychic fair with all sorts of expectations about what's going to go on and they get there and find a sign outside that reads "Cancelled due to unforseen circumstances".

Now that one always crack me up.

Looks like Millsy is placing an excellent idea for the next competition.

... psychic fair with all sorts of expectations about what's going to go on and they get there and find a sign outside that reads "Cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
    As well as being a an IT Project Manager, Mrs Jammy is also a professionally qualified Psychic Medium (Honest she is). She is not at all happy about this joke having heard it a million times. She last heard it in the spring of 2043.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.