Thread: VideoStudio X2 Pro choppy video

Default VideoStudio X2 Pro choppy video

I can't seem to figure out why my imported video from a Camcorder becomes choppy at points only after I added an audio clip. I didn't notice this choppiness until I created a video file to burn. It's a simple DVD format in 16:9 ratio. Haven't burned anything yet, but wanted to fix this problem first. I never had this problem with VS7. I have a fast computer with lots of memory (7Gigs) and lots of fast hard drive space. Using Windows 7 as well. Have the latest updates for the program as well.
    I thought that it would render this choppiness out when creating the video file, but it didn't.
    Can anyone tell me what to do? I'd greatly appreciate it.

You don't say how you transfered the video from the camera to the computer. If you did a capture form DV Tape did you notice any dropped frames when you captured the video. If it's from a memory card does it play ok on the camera. If it's something to do with your software I can't help as I've never used it, unless it's something like playing PAL on a NTSC project if thats possible on your set up.

Default Choppy Video in VS X2 Pro

I figured it out. While I'm editing my video (adding titles and transitions and music), before creating a video file to burn to DVD, some video parts stop or stutter and the audio stays constant while the video catches up. This only happens when reviewing what I edit in the timeline, so it's a pain to review. It's because it hasn't been rendered yet, and the finished video file is perfect. I still don't know why the program does this. The captured video clips do not stutter. It seems that with all the other things going on in the timeline - animated text, fancy transitions, etc. - it slows the video portion down at the points when the other things begin to occur. The finished product is superb; it's just annoying in the editing process when you aren't able to see the outcome of your editing as you go along.

Default Choppy Video in VS X2 Pro

I just noticed that it says Windows Movie Maker above my post. I don't know how that happened. I'm using Corel VideoStudio X2 Pro.