Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commercial shot with 7D

Default Commercial shot with 7D

Shot with the 7D on a redrock shoulder mount with rails, follow focus, matte box, and nikon lenses. Edited in FCP. Check it out.

The visuals work well. However, the piece is let down by the audio, or more precisely the music overpowering the voice-over.
    At my normal levels the voice is non- exsistant (almost) and the music is quiet. On turning the volume up the voice become apparent but many words are lost behind the music.

And nowhere does it tell me what 'AMD' is!
    Tweak the audio and it will work though.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Good work, awesome visuals and focusing. The music works very well but the v.o. is a bit over the top, a little bit more subtle approach would be better in my opinion but it still works well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IanA View Post
    And nowhere does it tell me what 'AMD' is!
    It's there: Age-related Macular Degeneration. Then only referred to as AMD. I agree it wasn't as obvious as it migh be though.
    Not a bad ad. I agree about the sound - especially at the beginning, though it's not as bad as you suggest on my system. I do wonder about your sound setup Ian, as I recall you had a similar problem with one of my films a while back.

Having said that, my own TV is terrible for seemingly boosting the background and hiding the v/o.
    Tim

Good fitting visuals. I'm not sure the over sentimentality and over emotional music would be right over in Europe but I'm sure it fits in the US.

They got the right camera for the job. Teeniest dof.
    Wobbly too - doesn't make a great ad for the shoulder mount
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I thought the camera work fitted the context of the commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought the camera work fitted the context of the commercial.
    Oh it does, it does. But . . . people with poor sight don't wobble
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Except is they're pissed.

I agree with the comments already made. I would be interested to know though what the original poster was looking for in the feedback, was it a reaction to the camera results or the film that took priority? The way I read it, its the camera results we are beeing asked to observe rather than the content?

I dont know about anyone else but I am generally put off from reviewing a film if the poster states the details of the camera in the title or before any description of the work. It always makes me feel that I am expected to appreciate the film more because of the camera that was used when actually a film made with a webcam can be every bit as brilliant. (I am not suggesting the OP is intending this for one second by the way). For me, I always prefer for the work to stand on its own and then the real test is if posters start asking what camera was used or commenting that they recognise a camera.

Back to the film, I think it worked quite well and would certainly suit an American audience judging by the adverts I have seen when visiting. Dead right about the voice over though, there is an issue there.

Thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast