Thread: Flicker on monitor

Default Flicker on monitor

Hi

Just started using liquid edition 6 pro and i get flicker on my monitor when watching back any clips. I have got an ati radon card which was recommended by pinnacle and i have also downloaded the patch that is avaliable from the pinnacle site.

Does anyone know of this problem or any way round it?

Thanks

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

flicker? Like what? Like a refresh rate thing? Like combing artifacts? Does it only happen with your videos? What about vids you download? What about playing back DVDs etc?
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

It was just playing back in general through the pro "bob" but i managed to solve it! (Too many usb devices!)

I have the ati radeon card and was wondering what the best settings were for the best performance with pinnacle. any ideas?

Thanks

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

Default same problem

i am also getting this flickering problem. its all fine on VGA monitors (i've got dual VGA monitors), however on video monitor (though the USB box, comes with Liquid PRO) the video flickers. There is no other USB devices.

you think it could be some internal power related issue?

should i pump up the video RAM?

should i increase System RAM?
    Full Specs: 1.7 Xeon DUAL Processor, 512Mb RAM 40Gb Root Drive SCSI, 160Gb Video Drive, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro 6.0, nVidia 5200 AGP 61.77 with DirectX 9.0c

HI,

The cause is devices such as hard drives or any other high transfer devices being plugged into your other usbs. If you have a external drive run it off firewire or don't use it at the same time you are editing. The best thing to do is to take out all the things you aren't using.

Nick