Thread: Pinnacle 12 - Audio Syncing/Lagging Problems

Default Pinnacle 12 - Audio Syncing/Lagging Problems

I recorded a bunch of MPEG videos and imported them, and then added them to my timeline. But when I went to play them, the audio was perfectly fine, but the video was lagging behind the audio and skipping. I managed to edit the entire video this way, thinking that the problem was in the hard processor requirements for playback, but when I compiled it, the movie had even worse problems--on top of the lag the video repeated itself quickly in certain sections.

Any ideas?

To determin if it is a Pinnacle problem can you tell me how the origional mpegs play in another media player. Also what is the size and resolution of the clips. Are they mpeg4 or mpeg2 ? Also what was the final file format of the finished edit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    To determin if it is a Pinnacle problem can you tell me how the origional mpegs play in another media player. Also what is the size and resolution of the clips. Are they mpeg4 or mpeg2 ? Also what was the final file format of the finished edit ?
    \

just curious you seem to be knowledged with pinnacle. what would be the best converter to use for it, considering im running vista, and the capture card is saving as vob, i dont mean to come out of no where and request help but this is my last option before i give up

thank you so much

A .vob file is fine for Pinnacle it's just an mpeg2 with a different name. I would alway recommend using the .avi format if possible. The good old DV tape capture type of file. If your capture card saves as a .vob thats fine Pinnacle can work with that.