Thread: Will they deliver ?

Default Will they deliver ?

I bought Adobe Production Premium the other day direct from Adobe. At least I thought I did. The lady took my money and told me she would send an email to confirm and it would turn up within 3-5 business days.

No email came so I chased the order. Another lady checked it and told me all was good, the order had been completed and all I need to do was wait for it to drop through the door.

Today I got a call from my credit card company who wanted to confirm some spending on the account. All were ok but she didn't read out the debit for the Adobe software. She told me that they had tried to take the money on the date I ordered but they had not completed the transaction, so Adobe have not taken any money.

I have now received an email from Adobe confirming my order has been processed. I bet it does not show up.

May be now that you have the confirmation email they finally got round to processing your credit card so it might just arrive.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I didn't explain it right in my first post. I got the confirmation from Adobe before I got the call from the credit card company. So Adobe say its all tickety boo and the CC people say nope they messed it up and the money was never taken

I will give it a week and then try again. I am not going to risk being debited twice. I have had nothing but grief this week. A new Iphone has been nothing but trouble since I bought it, a car I was buying has fallen through and the film I just watched was crap. (A haunting in Conneticut).

Ok I get it now. Sounds like your having one of those weeks.

I had a similar problem when I ordered my last update from Adobe. It took over a week for the charge to show up my credit card. When I called and asked what was up, I was told they do not process the charge until the item actually ships.

Maybe it will be the same for you.

Ben

Well the answer is no they will not deliver I got a phone call from sales today telling me there was a problem on the credit card. I had great pleasure in telling her that Adobe had emailed me to say everything had cleared yet I knew it had not because of what my card company had told me.

I declined to replace the order as I have decided to wait for the next release which apparently is not that far away. Its going to be full 64bit. Interesting conversation followed as she then let of steam at the Adobe ordering process. She explained that Adobe process card payments in bulk overnight and that a new system is causing a lot of lost orders. I didnt quite understand what she was going on about but it was something along the lines that their system checks that the customers card has sufficient funds for the purchase price. Once that check is clear, then they take the money. The credit card companies don't like their system as it accesses your account twice. The second occaision, when they try to take the larger amount triggers the credit card companys anti fraud system and the deduction is blocked.

She tried to tell me that the only way to be guaranteed that it would work would be for me to ring my credit card people and advise them that a large payment was going to clear from Adobe in the next 24hrs!

What utter crap.

Anyway, I believe in fate. It was not meant to be, I will wait for 64bit.

WTF : an organisation as big as Adobe with toy town payment facilities

what exactly does APP consist of ?
    Last edited by enc; 03-09-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Well, like you said fate has waved it's unerring hand upon you and you will now end up with the product you really want.