Thread: Different volume on same channel?

1. Default Different volume on same channel?

One more, (Vegas 8.0 btw)

Wondering if there's a way to have clips be different volumes on the same channel?

No biggie, but it would save a step rather than making it have it's Own track...
    (B/c by the end I already have like 20)

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack777 View Post
    Wondering if there's a way to have clips be different volumes on the same channel?
    A TRACK either consists of a single MONO channel or a TRACK consists of a double STEREO channel.

As you say you have many TRACKS I would strongly advise you explore the MIXER CONSOLE Pane. In here it will give you the controls you need to do complex Audio Mixing as simply as possible.

When I want to have the type of control you are seeking I DO split the Stereo Track into 2 Channels and control each separately. If I use Stereo PANNING, of that same stereo track I get a GAIN on one channel and a REDUX of the other channel. And this, I am guessing, is NOT what you want?

Try this:

Split Channels to 2 Tracks and use the Mixing Console. If things are getting real complex then use BUSSES to assign groups of the now SPLIT Stereo Tracks to LEFT or RIGHT and assign to Bus A and Bus B. So you can, for example, have ALL your LEFT channel Volume control say to Bus A and ALL your RIGHT channel Volume control to Bus B.

3. Default

Yeesh, that blows

Thanks man

(I've taken to keeping a Quiet track and moving segments to that track to change individual sample volume... still, even windows movie maker can do what I want :p

. . still, even windows movie maker can do what I want
    - Well, this maybe because Vegas PRO can have unlimited Audio and Video Tracks and there is a need for those using this NLE to be able to have and sustain a far more complex interface. Complexity can breed simplicity - in the right hands? Where as simplicity is hobbled from the "go-get" or outset.

Do try the Mixing Console - you WILL enjoy it! And you may even chance upon further creativity you never knew you had?

Blog Entries

OR

If what you really mean is you want lots of different audio EVENTs on the same TRACK at different levels there are a couple of ways of doing this:

1. Adjust the gain of each event - hover your cursor at the top of the audio event until it turns into a double-headed arrow, then you can drag it DOWN to lower the gain.

2. Use a volume envelope on the track.
    Tim

There is a free script "AUDIO SPLIT" that will split a stereo track to two mono tracks by the press of a button.

See my Sony site to find it

7. Default

1. Adjust the gain of each event - hover your cursor at the top of the audio event until it turns into a double-headed arrow, then you can drag it DOWN to lower the gain.

Yess! The same way you change visibility of a video track!

Thank you! that's exactly what I wanted

Yess! The same way you change visibility of a video track!
    No. It's how you change the visibility of a Video EVENT - not a TRACK.

1] Tracks have many EVENTS. If you want to reduce the GAIN on a Track you would use the Track Header Slider OR the Mixing Console.

2] By using the DOUBLE Header arrow, this is how you change the GAIN on BOTH Channels at the SAME time, that's if you have STEREO - meaning 2 Channels - in an EVENT.

I repeat: In Vegas, Tracks have many Events