Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Editing MPEG length in DVD Architect

1. Default Editing MPEG length in DVD Architect

We've had the computer on all night rendering our music video down to mpeg2, but when we went to burn it to a dvd weve noticed we have some unwanted blank minutes to edit off the start.
    Can we edit the length of our mpeg2 in DVD Architect? We cant seem to work out how to do it?
    Any help would be gratefully received.

Sarah & Allison & Tina

You can trim the end, but I'm not aware of a way to trim anything off of the beginning. Why not just do it in Vegas? Put the finished file on the timeline, trim off what you don't want. Vegas should then smart render it in a few minutes. Be aware that you need to use exactly the same render settings as before. If you used a 2 pass variable setting, uncheck the 2 pass box or it won't smart render.

3. Default

Many thanks for replying Archie,
    but how do we access this "smart render" & wont rendering the file twice compromise the quality?

Sarah

In the preferences on the General tab tick the box called "Enable no-recompress long-GOP rendering". This will tell Vegas not to re-render unaltered sections of the video.

Remember to save it as another name and keep all the render settings the same as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    Many thanks for replying Archie,
    but how do we access this "smart render" & wont rendering the file twice compromise the quality?

Sarah
    Wot MB sed.

You're not re-rendering, that's the whole point of smart render. It only renders parts of the video that aren't exactly as the render settings. Forgot to mention; If you have chapter markers in your video, drop the rendered file on a new video track above everything else in your project. Use the multi-track ripple to drag everything forward after you've trimmed what you don't want out. If not, just go with a new project with the rendered file only. Hope we're going to get to see the finished article?

With the clip in DVD-A there is yellow flag at the start just drag it to the right start point and your video will start at the right time, the same applies to the end of the clip.

To get a no re-compression of your MPEG just use exactly the same render template, but will normally only work if the audio is not part of the files, i.e. is an AC3,.

7. Default

What a great forum this is!
    We ask a question thats been frustrating us all morning at noon & by 3pm have had 4 extremely helpful replies. Thanks guys!
    The quality of the dvd though is not as good as we had hoped & doesnt compare with the avi render we did yesterday.
    I wonder if we've used the right settings. DVD Architect appeared to render the mpeg file again before it burnt the disc. Is that normal?
    Are there optimum settings to get the best quality from burning a DVD with DVD Architect?
    We hope to render the video to mp4 tonight, upload tp Youtube tomorrow, & then put it on this forum.

Sarah

AN MPEG done correctly in Vegas and with DVD-A set up correctly there DVD-A should NOT re-render, this is time consuming an degrades the quality of the original MPEG.

I do mine with no audio, I use AC3 for that.

when rendering, select an MPEG template, go to CUSTOM and check the bit rate is no more then 8mb/s and the Incude audio is unchecked (audio tabe) give the template a name and save.

render then bring into DVD-A (do just a minutes worth of clip to save time just to prove the concept) then do the same for an AC3 file

set the properties in DVD-A to PAL, AC3 audio, drop the video and audio in and then go to make DVD and see what errors are displayed if done right then none should appear apart form the menu type ones.

some tutorials here
    DVD-Authoring, Tutorials & Tips

9. Default

Thanks Z Cheema, this is all sounding familiar now.
    It's what we were told to do when rendering our first video to mpeg & I've obviously completely forgotten the correct process in the months between.
    I better start again!
    Cheers.

Sarah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    It's what we were told to do when rendering our first video to mpeg & I've obviously completely forgotten the correct process in the months between.
    This suggests you are either turning into a man or are pregnant
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast