Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVCHD Lite... huh?

Blog Entries

Default AVCHD Lite... huh?

Having got a new toy, a Panasonic Lumix TZ7, I find that it records video with "AVCHD lite" which my Final Cut doesn't seem to recognise.

I can see what it is, and it takes a lot less space that motion Jpegs but has anyone here managed to do stuff with AVCHD lite?

I haven't come across AVCHD lite but I did come across THIS article which may be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post

I can see what it is, and it takes a lot less space that motion Jpegs but has anyone here managed to do stuff with AVCHD lite?

yes these were shot on my TZ7 in AVCHD lite

Last edited by enc; 02-27-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Cheers Enc, the Lumix TZ7 is the camera I've gone for after much surfing and pestering of photo shops. Looking at your footage I think I've made the right choice.

What did you edit on?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    Cheers Enc, the Lumix TZ7 is the camera I've gone for after much surfing and pestering of photo shops. Looking at your footage I think I've made the right choice.

What did you edit on?
    you certainly have made the right choice. ive had mine sinse august last year and absolutley love it. ive been through quite a few cammeras but the tz7 is the daddy. certainly beats lugging my nikon dslr and assorted lens around i reckon 7 times out of 10 i use the the tz7 over the nikon. the compact (ish) design, wide angle and decent zoom are all good

not so good are its low light capabillities, mic noise on quiet recordings * and battery life i have three batteries and regularly flatten them all on a session.

in my opinion theres nothing else around at the moment to beat the tz7 at its price point.

* there is an update avaialble from panasonic that supposed to improve the noise issue BUT once updated none genuine batteries dont function properly !! i havnt done the update so cant say if it works or not ?!
    Last edited by enc; 02-28-2010 at 11:09 AM.

oh yes, edited on quadcore pc with 6gb ram, windows 7 64bit in premiere elements 7, vegas 8 pro and magic bullet looks.

the vegas 8 and mbl editing/colour grading was a bit of a hit and miss affair but i think thats more to do with v8's non compatability with W7 64bit. still experimenting on that score

7. Default

Checking in with a zs3 ( TZ7 ) here as well. Fairly pleased...haven't found the best settings yet...maybe..Shooting mostly avchd in IA mode. I think I can do better once I work on the minimal "manual" functions. Hey Enc...what settings were used in your first vid..Dusk.

I'm on an Intel Mac Core 2 Duo...not having any import or editing problems with imovie 09...

Blog Entries

I must be honest and say that I'm a bit disappointed at the quality of the video, or at lest I was until it was pointed out to me that it is really a photo camera which takes video and only cost a third of my AVCHD camcorder.

I'll have to spend a while mucking about with the settings to see what will happen.

Already ordered a spare battery!

I'm not having any problems importing into imovie 09 but it would be nice to edit in Final Cut.

Edit: Bloody hell it don't half eat the batteries!
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 02-28-2010 at 03:22 PM.

dgay ,first post

ivce got a panasonic lumix waterpoof 12meg camera.it does avchd lite and puts out a pretty clear picture.looks nice and clear on a 42" plasma.

the achvd lite is abit fiddly though.

made alittle vid with my boys yesterday.i used iskysoft video converter to convert it to avi.it will convert to most forms.

dont worry about the quality ive reduced it to 24meg

Blog Entries

You do not need to download anything. imovie will do it for free and is already installed on your mac.

Simply import the clips with imovie. That's it. You can now use the imported clips with Final Cut.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast