Thread: New To Premiere - Need Help!

Default New To Premiere - Need Help!

Hi, I'm trying Adobe Premiere Pro at the moment, but I'm having some problems.

I film with a Cana EOS 7D, and I transcode the MOV. files to avi. using Cineform Neoscene.

When I put the cineformavi. files into Sony Vegas everything played smoothly, but In premeiere it's very jerky, even on the 'draft quality' playback.

I'm a bit dissapointed because Vegas handles the cineform files absolutley fine, where as premiere (which is supposed to handle them) just isn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by benesotor; 02-25-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Cineform and Premiere just aren;t playing nicely together right now as far as I can gather.

It is reported that there are bugs in the Adobe CS4 API and the Cineform plugins are not happy about it. They work fine for CS3 and allegedly are looking really good for CS5 but if you have CS4 then forget it - is what I've gleamed.

I'm a Cineform Prospect HD user and have CS4. It's proved a complete waste of money frankly. I'l eligible for a free upgrade to the next version when CS5 comes out but as a hobbyist I'm not in a position to afford a CS5 upgrade so it;s all money down the drain unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Cineform and Premiere just aren;t playing nicely together right now as far as I can gather.

It is reported that there are bugs in the Adobe CS4 API and the Cineform plugins are not happy about it. They work fine for CS3 and allegedly are looking really good for CS5 but if you have CS4 then forget it - is what I've gleamed.

I'm a Cineform Prospect HD user and have CS4. It's proved a complete waste of money frankly. I'l eligible for a free upgrade to the next version when CS5 comes out but as a hobbyist I'm not in a position to afford a CS5 upgrade so it;s all money down the drain unfortunately.
    Completley annoying.

The only fix seems to be to render the cineform avi. files to m2v files, then you have editable footage at a bitrate you choose.
    (MPEG2-bluray)

CineForm on a whole has been a real let-down. It now rarely converts without crashing or leaving me with corrupt files.
    It needs fixing, espcecially as it's not cheap at all.

Really not ideal though. Hopefuly I can get CS5 when It comes out.
    Last edited by benesotor; 02-26-2010 at 07:01 PM.

I've noticed Premiere being totally pathetic to be honest, It's stuggling to play small avi clips that Movie Maker can play smoothly... what's going on?