Thread: Drawn - A Short Film.

Default Drawn - A Short Film.

Hey guys, itís been a while! Been busy with school work and family but still have been making films and sending them to festivals. Unfortunately festival rules donít always allow my more recent films to be online. But here is one i made back in August that i just released that i hope you all enjoy!
    DRAWN

Approx. 11MIN

Also make sure you check out our other stuff too!
    YouTube - fcrabbath's Channel

ALSO a new feature is on the way!

ENJOY!
    Last edited by FCRabbath; 02-25-2010 at 06:08 AM.

I find this is a hard one to critique. I did like it but found it a little slow. Mostly well shot and good sound. I thought you got good performances from the actors. I liked the childlike drawings as part of the scenes.

I found myself drifting in and out of the premise of the adult actors being children, this could be to do with the over all pace of the movie.

A brave movie to make. Well done.

thanks midnight. It was a hard project to get perfect! Cheers. Thx for watching!

I really liked the start of the film, especially the opening sequence and the music. I too found the overall pace rather slow and actually halted the film just under half way through to read the other comments. Then I watched the rest.

The use of the hand drawn animations was good although a little confusing until the end of the story. With the title being 'Drawn' I think they should have featured even more within the story. The picture quality, sound, editing etc were all very good indeed.

Well done and thanks for posting

Well i'm surprised some are having a hard time finishing it but alas (as other reviews show otherwise), not everyones cup of tea i suppose. thanks for watching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FCRabbath View Post
    Well i'm surprised some are having a hard time finishing it but alas (as other reviews show otherwise), not everyones cup of tea i suppose. thanks for watching.
    Some of the quotes on YT also suggest that it's only your reputation that kept people watching. Don't get me wrong, there IS a reward at the end, but it needs more somehow to keep people interested.

I also had a problem with adults acting like babies (always have since "Godspell") but as this is the premise of the film I couldn't suggest you did it any other way.

Well made, but rather drawn out.
    Tim

You got that from the comments? Odd you must be reading different comments then. Regardless thanks for watching!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FCRabbath View Post
    You got that from the comments? Odd you must be reading different comments then. Regardless thanks for watching!
    "OMG How Cute lol I had My Doubts But Damn that Was A Good Ending "

OK. I'm going mad. I was sure I read comments along the lines I was mentioning. Apologies.

Mind you it must be refreshing to come here and not get out and out praise. I mean you make some good stuff, but we can all improve. It's also easier to critique & find fault in a good, well made film than a bad one, so please don't think we're out to get you.
    Tim

lol well thank you, but trust me i get more criticism that praise (outside of youtube comments).

But again thanks for the comments Tim! I do appreciate feedback regardless.
    Last edited by FCRabbath; 02-26-2010 at 09:48 PM.

I'll be honest, when I see a youtube video over 6 minutes, I have instant doubts on whether to watch it or not. Within the first few seconds, I was hooked on this. The initial idea to use child drawings in the scene felt so original. I don't know if it's been done before, but it was a great idea. I watched this right thought to the end, and even loved the mini-twist you did there. Such a charming short film.

If I had to find something to critisise, it would be the hand-held camera movement. I can see it created tension when the boy and the bully were talking, but at times it got a bit to shaky, which in my eye moves it closer to gritty films, not from the viewpoint of a child. The shaky-cam for tension usually appears in darker films, so it seemed a tad out of place here. Also, there seemed to be less drawings appearing in shots towards the end, and elements such as the plane and car were repeated. Perhaps in some of the space where there were no doodles you could include trees? There were many in the background, so one or two could be doodled.

All in all, a great film. I loved it.