Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Pro 9 keeps freezing for no apparent reason...

1. Default Vegas Pro 9 keeps freezing for no apparent reason...

The only reason I can think of is that I have so many files in the video tracks (see pic below), but that wasn't a problem at all on my old comp which had a quarter of the RAM that this computer has.

Here's a pic of the track so you can get an idea how many videos I have:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/917/vegasj.jpg

Any advice? None of my other projects freeze.

OK . . .

1] You are showing us EXPLORER - that doesn't indicate WHAT you have in your PROJECT MEDIA Pane - yes?

2] You ONLY have 4 TRACKS - but you have many EVENTS. Getting the VEgas language learnt is a big assist for all of us.

. . 'cos . . .

3] You have an SOLO'ed an EMPTY TRACK. And it is this that has muted all your other TRACKS. If this is the issue you have gotten to then all you need to do is to click on the "!" ICON in the TRACK HEADER. - If this is what you are saying about "freezing"? Are you saying you aren't seeing anything OR that the project will not play OR the Cursor is not running?

So, EITHER you have that SOLO'ed TRACK and is not giving you visuals and audio OR you have a FROZEN project - big difference. But getting the Vegas "language" to explain issues agreed helps ALL of us - yeah?

3. Default

The program stops responding at random times

Notwithstanding ALL I have just said, and that you have now checked - yes? - you are going to have to some resource housekeeping and tell us just what state of play your PC is in and just how you are accessing your Media. How many hardrives? And where you have your Media spread out?

EG, I have a QUAD core with 5 SATA drives, a firewire array and an internal hard drive SATA hard drive snapping caddie. I learnt to do this as I was getting stalling and all sorts. Maybe it is time to consider both hardware and some remedial housekeeping?

Vegas will allow you to do immense work. What we have to provide for Vegas is a platform that can cope with our own expanding creativity.

You could also try the following.

Copy the Project and open this COPY.

Go to the Project Media pane and click on the "Remove all unused media from project" FLASH Icon. This will trim down your project to ONLY those bits of media you have in your timeline. Media that is NOT being used will be removed - hence the suggestion to make a copy of your original project prior to this procedure - yes?

I think you have a choking of Vegas. Could be housekeeping, media access times on drives, project setup and the choice of Event/Media you have decided to work in., Windows Media IS a delivery format and although tiny in its size does require a slippery system to cope with many MANY Events.

Your call . . ..

6. Default

Two internal hard drives, my media is spread throughout a bunch of different folders (20+).

I'll try the copy idea. Thanks.

Actually what format IS your media? I said Windows Media, but that was my mistake. I can not see that in your Explorer? What is it?

So, you have 2 hard drives. What are each used for?

8. Default

My media isn't all the same format. Some is WMV, some MPG, AVI, TS, M2TS. I think that's about it.

And the only reason I have two hard drives is because I'm on a laptop, and that allowed for the most storage space possible. I have 1 TB of total storage.

9. Default

I tried the Remove All Unused Media method, and it didn't work. The program stopped responding within 3 minutes of my opening it and editing events.

I really wanna say it's something along the lines of the program not being able to handle that many events in one project, but that doesn't make sense, since my computer is very powerful.

Wow! That's an immense range of Media??

. . moving on . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ray AP19 View Post
    I really wanna say it's something along the lines of the program not being able to handle that many events in one project,
    The program may very well be able to do it. Need more info on your PC=Laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray AP19 View Post
    but that doesn't make sense, since my computer is very powerful.
    What do you have your Media stored on? An external drive to your laptop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast