Thread: Ulead VS8 library

Default Ulead VS8 library

help please. i recently installed then uninstalled Boris Red 3GL as effects plug-in in video studio 8. the thumbnail for boris red, however, remained in my video filters library. if i click on it an error message appears and video studio shuts down. its irritating :( how do i remove this thumbnail from my video filters library?

thnx.
    tikki
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+; 1 X 512 RAM; Epox 8KDA3J; 128 MB Redfox Radeon 9200SE; Asus CD-RW; Maxtor 120GB boot drive; Seagate 40GB scratch disk.

Hmmm ... interesting.

I am fairly sure that Video Studio makes a note of its shortcuts in a DAT file, so that makes life a little bit more difficult. You could try this workround though.

1. From the Tools menu select Library Manager and click the New button

2. Name a new folder of to your own choosing click the OK button followed by the Close button (Incidentally I always place shortcuts to my own video clips in custom folders and then delete the folder when I am finished)

3. Navigate back to the Video Folder. Highlight those clips you want to keep and press CTRL-C

4. Navigate to your new folder and press CTRL-V

5. Now go back to the video folder and select all thumbnails. Press the Delete key.

6. Answer YES to delete the Thumbnails and NO to the original video clips (IMPORTANT DO NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO CLIPS).

7. If that works, and if you want to, you can copy the shortcuts back to the video folder from your custom folder using the same method.

I can, of course, only test this so far, as I do not (currently) encounter any errors of the sort you describe.

Can you post the specific error code you get just before Studio crashes?

Meantime hope that helps.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

it didn't work. i think it's because i am actually dealing with the video filters folder which i think is not customizable the same way as the video clips folder. i created a custom folder but it turned out i can only create it under video clips (or title, image or audio). i tried loading the vft files from the plug-in folder but it didn't work for i think it was expecting video clips. i did it that way coz, in the first place, i couldn't copy the thumbnails from the video filters folder to the folder i created..

I am fairly sure that Video Studio makes a note of its shortcuts in a DAT file, so that makes life a little bit more difficult
    i checked for dat files and there was one i found which i am quite sure belonged to boris red. i deleted it but it didn't solve the problem. i also already checked the plug-in folders and i am sure that the boris red vft file is not there anymore.

i am attaching the error message i'm getting and the screen shot of my BIG problem ..

thnx.
    tikki
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+; 1 X 512 RAM; Epox 8KDA3J; 128 MB Redfox Radeon 9200SE; Asus CD-RW; Maxtor 120GB boot drive; Seagate 40GB scratch disk.

Looks like a memory handling problem to me.

There is a solution, all be it a little bit drastic.

Re-install Video Studio and Boris.

Otherwise refer to ULead Support (who will probably suggest a re-install)

Sorry
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc

i guess i have no other choice but to re-install..
    thnx
    tikki

this problem solved without re-install.
    just go to C (ur system disk):\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio\8.0 and delete VFilter.rsf. VS8 would generate this file again on program start up this time without the unwanted filters thumbnails.
    tikki

Good question and an interesting answer that might help many others.

As such, I'm moving this thread to the ULEAD forum (arguably where it should have been in the first place) so that other Ulead users will find it more naturally.

God!

i tried it there.
    i didnt get an answer :>
    tikki

You did get an answer,

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    Re-install Video Studio and Boris.

Otherwise refer to ULead Support (who will probably suggest a re-install)

Certainly the first piece of advice would have worked. The second ... well who knows.

I agree that your solution is, by some distance, more eloquent.

But you did get an answer!

10. Default

sorry. i meant "Ulead Support" not "Ulead forum"..
    tikki