Thread: Pixel - capture size issue

Arrow Pixel - capture size issue

Hello Folks,

Iím new to this video game; consequently, Iím having an issue.

I own a Canon VIXIA HFS11 and the default capture seems to be 1440 x 1080. I'm trying to capture video in a small pixel size.

I donít need to export my final project in this big a size; therefore, I donít need to work my PC so hard during editing.

Does anyone know how to get my rig to capture a smaller size video image?

BTW Ė please donít tell me to go to Canonís website or RTFB Ė Iíve done all that and am posting as a last resort.

What software are you using to capture the footage and what NLE ? Usually you can set the project properties in the NLE which would deal with your issue.

Hello Midnight,

I'm using Pinnacle Ultimate 14. I don't know what NLE is - so no answer there.

I did, after reading your reply, go in and look at my project preference settings and I changed the "project Formate" from (set by first clip added) to NTSC Progressive. Doing this has stopped the new project popup warning about my limited resources on the video card.

Also I now have a project setting of 720 X 480 @ 29fps in 4:3 progressive.

This is just what I "Think" I was looking for. If I understand this correctly - it means that regardless of my imported clip size the project will be rendering and working in the above stated smaller size - correct?

And then when I export I should be good too? I'm going to run some tests now.

Thank you for the push in what seems to be the correct direction.

Almost right with your reasoning.

NLE is Non Linear Editing, basically a short way to say Editing Program.

You have set you project Preferences or format to what seems right I'm not sure you would want 4:3. I would have gone for the widescreen (16:9) option.

This has set your project working size but you can when making the movie (rendering) alter the size etc. if you wish. The size you have chosen is right for a standard definition DVD, but not in wide screen which if this is what you want that's fine.