I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to these kind of problems.
I've got a tv program consisting of about 30 episodes on my computer, all work great when i watch them in windows media player. However, when I try to import them into vegas, for 4 of these episodes, they appear in the timeline and preview screen (and when i render) as without audio, and cut off after only about 1/4 of the video.

I found a solution to this a while ago, i simply put the video into AVS video converter and 'reconverted' it to avi (it's original file type) and it would go into vegas perfectly, however the downside to this is that the file size goes from 347mb to a ridiculous 1.29gb!

Using gspot, I think i've managed to figure out the only significant difference in the files.

The other episodes (working in vegas) along with the broken episode which i converted (which after that worked) are both labelled as being 'OpenDML (AVI v2.0)', yet the broken episodes are all 'AVI v1.0'
I'm going to assume this is the error that makes the files not properly work in Vegas, is there any way the broken files can be 'converted' into 'OpenDML (AVI v2.0)'? Is this a codec malfuntion?

Sorry for my ignorence, like I said, this really isn't my bag of chips! Also, I'm quite sure this isn't a program malfunction. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, plus i've had this problem with vegas pro 8 AND 9!

Thanks for any help