Thread: Exporting freezes in Adobe premier :-(

Exclamation Exporting freezes in Adobe premier :-(

I have a half hour video composition in Adobe Premiere Cs3 with simple transitions, only 3 audio and 3 video channels and nothing fancy. If i try and render it through Adobe Media Encoder regardless of codec chosen it will always freeze part way through (usually at 9.83% but not always). It doesn't provide an error message, it just freezes, even the "Time taken" counter stops. I'v left it for 6 hours like this and no change, then if i try and do anything on it it just crashes. If however i render by simply clicking Export - Movie it will work but I end up with a 4.9GB file. I want to be able to export through the media encoder, what can i do to sort it?

I am running it on a Win 7 (64bit), quad core with 4GB Ram & 1GB graphics.

Please help, highly frustrating and can find no fix.

Thanks

Josh

Blog Entries

There are a few things you can do to help isolate the problem or get a temp workaround. The first is to drop your 4 gig render back onto the timeline and export this using the media encoder. I have been forced to resort to this as a quick fix on occassions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for that, I tried it and it did render and down to a 240mb file which is ideal, but after it rendered I noticed that this wont do either. Even though the 4gb version was fine, when importing it into premiere it doesnt show half the titles from the video :-s

After producing the 4.9GB file, does it have to go back into Premiere? Cannot the Encoder program be started separately to do a conversion.

I know this does not solve the problem - but - perhaps its worth trying to an encoding using Microsoft's (free) Media Encoder. If there is anything odd about the file, perhaps it might give a useful clue.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.mspx

Does it freeze at the same point each time? This is a key question. If it does then it may be a memory issue, i.e. filling up. Premiere has never been the best at memory management.

Also, if it is at the same point (or better still att eh same frame) then look there and see what is happening in your timeline. The project may be corrupt (try importing it into a new one) or you may have a bad plugin being used.