Thread: 90 Days Video Edit Project!

Cool 90 Days Video Edit Project!

I don't see a general section and since this is kind of an announcement I am posting it here then. So, besides the short movie I'm still working on (which now I have to change the part of the concept due to an script conflict), I decided to get into a second project which will take me 90 days of video shooting for a 4 minutes video project.

It is frustrating the fact I have to wait 90 days but here is the reason why. There is this extreme home workout program that last 90 days which I did about a year an a half ago that can basically get you from being overweight to having a six pack if done correctly. I did it and it worked as you will see on the video I had done at that time. A year after I gained almost the same amount of weight I had lost in those 90 days, so now I have the challenge of doing it again and possible get in a better shape I was last time. I will be recording my progress and put it all together along with a song (the reason why it will last 4 minutes) and hopefully the edit will make a huge difference since I am creating my own version of an intro from a known event on TV for this project.

The audio, and graphics are done already and placed in the timeline... now it is a matter of gathering all the footage during the next 90 days

So this is the video I had done the first time. I know, bad editing, etc etc. At that time I wasn't even into video editing that much.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk_QuejMuyE]YouTube - My P90X Transformation[/ame]
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Hi Rebel,

Good luck with your 90 day plan, and I admire you for doing it. Please don't take this as anything other than a genuine question - but I'm intrigued - other than for your own interest and encouragement, should you gain the weight again, who is your audience? Are there really people who want to sit through 4 mins of other people's workouts?
    Tim

Hey Tim,

That's actually a good question. The P90X program has a huge amount of people who are either doing it right now, who have done it already and there are those (like myself at one point) that will start for the first time and will go to youtube or other websites looking for information about this program and trying to find out if this really works or is just another product scam like the many out there. When I saw people's youtube videos, people who don't work for that company, that's what made me buy it, because I knew it was real. Now, I don't get anything from people buying the program, except for knowing I am helping others to take action towards having a healthier life style. I am a massage therapist so to me health is important, and overweight is not healthy at all.

Btw, thank you for wishing me luck
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

ps. Therefore I want to make a different video, more entertaining since now I am trying to do better edits, so those who watch it don't get bored and actually get motivated.
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

Blog Entries

A sound reply. And I now see how it (the video, that is) is a challenge and why you might be motivated to make it. And 90 days isn't that long. Most of the rubbish I make takes that long to piece together in editing only.
    Tim

Hi Rebel

I think the way to approach this is first to look at all the other P90X videos on YouTube with the view of finding out what is the interesting bits and what makes it interesting. Then working out what you can do to apply this in your video. Also I think some of the workout footage needs to be really well shot. Take a look at professional fitness videos and see how the are shot, camera angles, lighting etc.

For me to much exercise would be dull but one idea is to make it more of an intimate personal daily diary. How you are feeling day to day etc. Don't forget to get good shots of the before and after results.

Good luck.

Hi Rebel. Congratulations on achieving success the first time. I would imagine that makes it much more likely that you will win again.

I thought your first video was well put together, yes the lighting could be better but lets face it you were not as committed to the video back then.

I am looking forward to seeing the next one.

MB I totally get what you're saying. I have been watching videos online and usually people post photos with music, and stuff like that. What I'll be doing in this case now is I'll use the whole intro style of the UFC as what I want to achieve. I have bought the soundtrack a long time ago, so I already edited the music and added the graphics. Now is a matter of filming my workouts and then edit the whole thing. I think it will be a mix of UFC/Comedy/real results project

Thank you SF Actually now is harder because I already know the workouts so somehow my minds is fighting the I want to get in shape with the I already know how tough the routines are lol. And yes, back then I wasn't committed to video editing, so I am really having high expectations for this one
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6