Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Space Romp

Default Space Romp

I was bored and badly needing an editing fix this week, so I revisited the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope website to look for any new stock animation clips and find inspiration for a project. Here is what crawled out of the editor two days later.

It starts with blast-off in the space shuttle, a climb-out of Earth orbit, then into the fantasy of hyper-space and lots of weird visual stuff. In the last 30 seconds the visual pace ramps up quickly and is probably best viewed while not on drugs. The music and the Foley is fairly intense, so crank up your speakers and enjoy the:

“SPACE ROMP”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGNA-DiD3I]YouTube - Space Romp[/ame]

Nice one Digger, I think that was deceptively well put together. Example at 1:16 when you switch from the rocks around the planet to the one flying through space.

Great sound editing as well.

Bloody Joy Riders; LOVED it Worddigger, would have been more impressed if you lit a few rockets in the desert, LOL Hey bet nobody would have noticed the difference.

Blog Entries

Very nicely done. Romp was the right word.

Imaginitive choice to have that up beat up tempo music rather than the more "traditional" drone/sci-fi electronica/Also Sprach Zarathustra/Blue Danube we associate with with space movies. Made a really pleasant change (also helped by the fact someone had left my volume right up so when I started playing it .....

What was the music BTW?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very nicely done. Romp was the right word.

Imaginitive choice to have that up beat up tempo music rather than the more "traditional" drone/sci-fi electronica/Also Sprach Zarathustra/Blue Danube we associate with with space movies. Made a really pleasant change (also helped by the fact someone had left my volume right up so when I started playing it .....

What was the music BTW?
    The music was "System Shock" from Sonicfire library.

Do you think Digger always wanted to be an astronaut ? Good edit as usual, I thought the music had a strong James Bond type vibe going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Do you think Digger always wanted to be an astronaut ?
    In all truthfulness, when I was in 2nd grade, I was really into rocketry and space stuff. Of course, that was back in the days of Sputnik (1957). Now that I am a grownup old man my fascination with space has matured. Now I want a starship with warp drive and to hook up with a 10 foot tall 3D blue woman with a cute tail.

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    In all truthfulness, when I was in 2nd grade, I was really into rocketry and space stuff. Of course, that was back in the days of Sputnik (1957). Now that I am a grownup old man my fascination with space has matured. Now I want a starship with warp drive and to hook up with a 10 foot tall 3D blue woman with a cute tail.
    Can I be your First Officer Digger

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Nice one Digger, I think that was deceptively well put together. Example at 1:16 when you switch from the rocks around the planet to the one flying through space.
    Glad you noticed! That was the first time I ever tried that particular technique. I believe the term is called a "hand off" in cinematography and camera blocking lingo. It gave me a graceful way to get off the scene and keep the line of action moving forward.
    Last edited by worddigger; 02-19-2010 at 12:11 PM.

You know what, I really enjoyed that. Great editing accompanied by great music. Was that all animated footage from NASA or did you integrate it with your own effects. If so what software did you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast