Thread: Vegas 8.0 Corrupting Imported Video

Default Vegas 8.0 Corrupting Imported Video

This has been happening to random video that I try to import off my camera. When I view it beforehand, and it's perfectly fine. But, when I import it into Vegas, the video will randomly become corrupted. The colors will be strange, the video will skip, and I can't see any reason why. If I try re-importing, it will happen again. It only does this to certain random videos.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Could the footage be corrupted on the media
    Posted via Mobile Device

Blog Entries

Is the video watchable after you've imported into Vegas? That is, is Vegas actually corrupting the video or is it just unstable viewing within Vegas?

The video is fine before I import it. After I import it, it's watchable, but random portions of it are garbagy and odd. (Sometimes the video just repeats like 3 frames over and over again, sometimes it goes to a weird greyscale. Different things happen every time) After I render it, it is still like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiniko View Post
    The video is fine before I import it. After I import it, it's watchable, but random portions of it are garbagy and odd. (Sometimes the video just repeats like 3 frames over and over again, sometimes it goes to a weird greyscale. Different things happen every time) After I render it, it is still like this.
    With respect - you haven't answered my question - let me re-phrase - if you import the video to Vegas - then close it and watch the video OUTSIDE of vegas - is it then still 'corrupted' or watchable as you say it originally was? The aim here is to see if Vegas is actually doing something to the video (unlikely) or whether it's just unstable within Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Lockwood View Post
    With respect - you haven't answered my question - let me re-phrase - if you import the video to Vegas - then close it and watch the video OUTSIDE of vegas - is it then still 'corrupted' or watchable as you say it originally was? The aim here is to see if Vegas is actually doing something to the video (unlikely) or whether it's just unstable within Vegas.
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. After I import it, it's still watchable fine outside vegas, so it's just unstable within Vegas it seems.