Thread: green screen problems help someone please

Default green screen problems help someone please

i have a hd digital web cam on a machine running win 7 32 bit and adobe visual communicator, The problem i have is that there is always a green line around the people unless i desaturate it and they turn purple. I also get pixilzation on certin areas like the countertop. i am a amature an i really need a idiots guide to chroma keying. can anyone please help me.

I think it is either a lighting problem or a closed space problem since i am 6 ft from the green screen in a room with white walls. feel free to post any responses that might help.

Try adding back lighting. Which really means what it sounds like. Light people from behind if you've got the spare lights that is. Is you green screen lite evenly ? When using something like a web cam your probably doing as good as you can. There are things you can do with your camera if you have a bunch of manual settings but try the lighting tip first.

Also position the subject away from the green screen if you have the room.

Its pretty fiddly to get it spot on. Experimentation, trial and error plus a browse through some of the tutorials on Youtube might help

Start here. VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

This si for Adobe Aftre Effects but covers the basics of what green screening is all about and will give you some ideas about what is actually involved.

A good key is certainly non-trivial so expect it to cost real money for good software to do it.