Thread: Adobe After Effects and Premiere CS4 Help....

Default Adobe After Effects and Premiere CS4 Help....

i currently have adobe premiere and after effects cs4, and i was wondering should the effectsget put into each clip, and then all clips get put together in premiere? or should i have the video finished first?

also how do i add muzzle blasts for guns and exlposions is there a vst plugin that does this? or do i have to put video on top of videos?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craven View Post
    i currently have adobe premiere and after effects cs4, and i was wondering should the effectsget put into each clip, and then all clips get put together in premiere? or should i have the video finished first?
    What I do is cut my movie. detyermine which bits need effects on. Take those clips (maybe actually exporting them from Premeir) bringing themn into AE to do 'mythang' with and then bring them back into Premiere. Use Dynamic Link if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by craven View Post
    also how do i add muzzle blasts for guns and exlposions is there a vst plugin that does this? or do i have to put video on top of videos?

thanks
    Not so suire you'll find a plugin to do this for you. The easiest is to get hold of some pre-keyed muzzle flash images and then drop them on top of you footage. You only need them there for a single frame or two. Difficult to make these look really good though. But for just about everything you'll ever need to know on this I suggest you consult VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals and ProLost Store - The DV Rebel's Guide: An All-Digital Approach to Making Killer Action Movies on the Cheap and Rebel Café :: Index for details, tutorials and the assets to make it all happen.