Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry this one, just to relax

Talking Sorry this one, just to relax

I did this little project with a friend (David) playing his guitar in New Jersey and me playing in Mexico City, yes, I know, my video is not for a competition but I liked the concept, next time I'll go out of the studio as Shrimpfarmer and Midnight Blue suggested me. This one is just for fun, hope you like it...Thanks.

Talking

LOVED!!!! the jamming over distance, nice concepts, I loved the music but then am tone def. (am not knocking the music I love it, just that am bad with sound)

Not sure about the visuals didn't work for me, but for the concept really COOL....

As for the night and day thing, funny who did the all the hard work lolol..
    Last edited by zandebar; 02-16-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Fabulous music as usual. Like zandebar said great jam. Great concept jamming over a distance.

To be honest, with music so cool, I'm beginning to just listen and not take much notice of the visuals. So I'll let you off the hook this time.

I know a creative guy like you will be able to make great videos as well, when you make the effort.

As with the last video, I thought the music was excellent, and it is always a pleasure to see virtuosity. But for me, the video didn't add anything to the music. Note, though, that I am prejudiced--I don't really enjoy music videos in general.

Blog Entries

Loved it. Vey nice section towards the end where you got a really good question/answer thing going (ok more of a copycat thing, but great interaction all the same).

Unlike others, I quite liked the video. A bit messy and there's plenty I'd do differently, but overall it showed the musos playing and that's all it needed.

As it progressed I spent more time just concentrating on the two main lead guitar images.

It made me wonder whether this might be done thus:
    Divide the screen into three horizontal bands, the middle band wider.
    The middle band split left and right and contains the "main" video of each of the guitarists. These would be a mix of wider shots and close ups.

Along the top and bottom, have a mixure of more random other images (bits of keyboard, bass etc) These shots when prominent or when nothing much is happening on the lead instruments may occasionally drop into the middle frame. Also the "computer" shots of waveforms etc would be in the top/bottom positions.

Or possibly devote the whole fo the bottom position to waveform (though not the same shot throughout)

Just ideas...
    Tim

Well I think your getting better and better with each movie. I too enjoyed seeing you both collaborate. I loved the music and I enjoyed the video. If I am to be critical then maybe the visuals became a tiny bit predictable over time and would be improved with even more diversity. Still, a lot of work went into that and I enjoyed the shots you used and the inclusion of the graphics of your software in action.

If only you would try some greenscreen and get some vivid outdoor images as your background then its going to be so much more impactive. So, my message is, stop relaxing and get some external images in your work please They don't have to be moving, they can be stills with a touch of pan applied.

If you lack suitable images then have a look at whats on offer on Flickr, lots of people have put up their images allowing their use in videos such as this for non profit use. Me included.

Great stuff. Maybe do a collaboration with Tim Stannard using some footage from his Kick animation.

Agree with most of the above.

The left lower image could have done with taking off the top track and varying a little more, but otherwise well done.
    And yes, I too liked the music!
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)
    http://www.sharpmedia.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    Great stuff. Maybe do a collaboration with Tim Stannard using some footage from his Kick animation.
    Whilst I'm sure TimStannard would love to do that sort of thing It was actually
    TimAndrews who do the Kick animation.

Sorry for the correction Shrimpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Whilst I'm sure TimStannard would love to do that sort of thing It was actually
    TimAndrews who do the Kick animation.

Sorry for the correction Shrimpy.
    Well it just goes to show that no matter how hard you try its always possible to mess up. I knew it was not Tim Stannard, I even checked the post and saw it was Tim Andrews, it all went wrong when I decided to hit the keys on the keyboard Apologies to both

Thanx, Tim! That are good ideas, I'll try them
    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Loved it. Vey nice section towards the end where you got a really good question/answer thing going (ok more of a copycat thing, but great interaction all the same).

Unlike others, I quite liked the video. A bit messy and there's plenty I'd do differently, but overall it showed the musos playing and that's all it needed.

As it progressed I spent more time just concentrating on the two main lead guitar images.

It made me wonder whether this might be done thus:
    Divide the screen into three horizontal bands, the middle band wider.
    The middle band split left and right and contains the "main" video of each of the guitarists. These would be a mix of wider shots and close ups.

Along the top and bottom, have a mixure of more random other images (bits of keyboard, bass etc) These shots when prominent or when nothing much is happening on the lead instruments may occasionally drop into the middle frame. Also the "computer" shots of waveforms etc would be in the top/bottom positions.

Or possibly devote the whole fo the bottom position to waveform (though not the same shot throughout)

Just ideas...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast