Thread: Dazzle dvd recorder help for ps3

Default Dazzle dvd recorder help for ps3

Im currently using the dazzle dvd recorder to record gameplay from the PS3 but whenever I want to record I have to use the RCA cables which puts my HD tv into very low quality when playing games, its playable but when im on a game like MW2 its very hard to spot someone in a long distance etc...

Is there a way to record whilst i am viewing the playstation on my tv using my HDMI cable and still record?

My nephew has a similar setup but he records from an Xbox 360. I don't know the answer to your question at the moment but as I am setting up my old PC for him to do this, its a problem I have to cover on Wednesday. I have not heard him speak of any problem and I know that his screen grabs with his dazzle are fairly high resolution.

Without trying it, the issue is can a PS3 display an HDMI image whilst sending the low resolution image via RCA to the Dazzle? I think that on some satellite boxes etc they allways send a picture from the scart socket and the HDMI port.

I take it you have tried connecting both cables at the same time? and checked to see if there is an output from the rca sockets?

Shrimpy

yes i have tried putting them in both at the same time but no luck :(

Having looked again at the specs, I believe you and I are stuffed on this one. I know that my nephew uses some sort of intermediate device to connect things together. I don't have the details of that to hand but if I find them I will post here.

ok thank you.

Its by no means an ideal solution but before he got the Dazzle my nephew used to just set up his camcorder on a tripod and film the screen. I was surprised at the picture quality he managed to get and it was only when I asked him how he had done it that I realised.

It is of course the cheapest way to play and record in HD, if you have a camera to do it. If the films are intended for Yotube consumption, then the reduced picture quality will not be such an issue by the time its all condensed onto the youtube window.

At least it allows you to play the game to the best of your ability (i.e. long range kills) which is important if your videos are to stand out in the mass of user vids.

Have you given this method a go? Its how I made this video, and I didnt even bother to setup the screen for best effect, I just pointed the camera at the screen and pressed record. I know I could improve the result significantly with a little more effort/

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyCheese View Post
    Im currently using the dazzle dvd recorder to record key xbox 360 from the PS3 but whenever I want to record I have to use the RCA cables which puts my HD tv into very low quality when playing games, its playable but when im on a game like PS3 Hack its very hard to spot someone in a long distance etc...

Is there a way to record whilst i am viewing the playstation on my dyson fan using my HDMI cable and still record?
    I know that my nephew uses some sort of intermediate device to connect things together.