Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of effects

1. Default A couple of effects

Hello if anyone knew how i could achieve these effects shown below i would be very greatful please watch the clips below between the times shown.

First of all i want to know how to like this triangle transition shown at 0.36-0.38 (Its the one with the leaves on)

Then theirs like these spots of multicolours at 0.50-0.51

And finally at the end the i want know how to make the text come in like at 1.03 to 1.06

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by deadboltz; 02-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

I guess you forgot to post the videos
    GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
    GoPro Hero

• Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 16 GB RAM
    with Intel Iris Pro Graphics + AMD Radeon R9 M370X / 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • Avid Media Composer v8.3
    • Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

3. Default Omg

Yes i did sorry look again
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

Well I don't know what editing software you will be using, and I don't know if there is an specific filter or plugin for this effects, so I'll tell you how I would do it using FCP which is the software I use.

The leaves part in my opinion, looks like someone was just spinning in place while filming the tree branches/leaves. Then by masking the leaves track with a font track (which is what they used the most in this video), you get that effect. The masking of course has some kind of motion which creates the big fonts moving around showing parts of the video track as it moves.

The color effect, probably there is a plugin for it, but if not, using different types of filters you might be able to create something similar, and then changing the blending mode using keyframes to change the settings will give you those results.

And about the text, well, I am sure that was created by some text effect... Boris, I think that's how the plugin is called, has quite a few effects for text.
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein

I think I've worked out how it can be done in Sony Vegas Pro 9 but because of your over use of the word like I'm not prepared to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    because of your over use of the word like I'm not prepared to tell you.
    LOL I didn't realize he had used "like" that much
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

Quote Originally Posted by deadboltz View Post
    First of all i want to know how to like this triangle transition shown at 0.36-0.38 (Its the one with the leaves on)

Then theirs like these spots of multicolours at 0.50-0.51

And finally at the end the i want know how to make the text come in like at 1.03 to 1.06

Thanks in advance.
    It's the miss use of the English language by the younger generation that worries me. Not just because I'm an old fart, but because I think it's important on a generational level to keep the language as pure as possible, otherwise their understanding of the world will diminish due to not understanding important writings/books and we'll all end up in a totalitarian state because everyones IQ is to low for people to think for themselves. They will start to accept anything the government tells them as they will loose the ability to think for them selves.

Is that like a bit extreme ? lol

Blog Entries

Midnight, you're, like, on very dodgy ground. Whilst they might use, like, "like", like lots of,like, times, they might, like, pick you up on:

"miss use" (misuse)
    "everyones IQ" (everyone's IQ)
    "to low" (too low)
    "them selves" (themselves)

Unless something is like totally unintelligible, I don't dare pick anything up nowadays as I've been caught out myself all too often.
    (Film titles/subtitles/credits though MUST be corrected though)
    Tim

I didn't say I was immune to the deliberate dumbing down of society so it can be taken over. lol

I rely on my spell checker but it doesn't look at the grammar.

Me being cuban, and learning English on my own when I moved to US 12 years ago I think I do pretty good with the language... I am glad I don't use the "like" word unless is used correctly Now I know when it comes about grammar I do have quite a few things to work on, but what else can be expected for someone who never went to school to study English
    GoPro Hero

• Baselight 4.3.5
    • DaVinci Resolve 12
    • Avid Artist Color
    • Adobe After Effect CS6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast